24 replies to this topic

#1 Ethro

Ethro

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:25 PM

right thats the last time im gonna watch that advert and not say anything.....GRRRRRRR

the advert, u must have all seen it...it goes on about the BINI and not real minis, well a BINI isnt a mini, not a real mini anyway...its a MINI ONE but they seem to knock the one off now, and the advert just drives mee nuts! why go on about real minis, yes, it a horse painted red, yes its a blue piano, no one is stupid enough to think its a BINI!!

rant over...lol...sorry

#2 Steve@RetroDash

Steve@RetroDash

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:35 PM

deep breaths........ 1.........2.......3.......4......5......6......7......8......9........10

thats better. (i liked it) don't hate me ;D

#3 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:01 PM

Also note the numberplates are 3 letters 3 numbers just like the 60s numberplates ;D

#4 AlexM

AlexM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Local Club: NMOC, ECMC

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:12 PM

I liked it too, its in a true mini spirit. I have to say BMW have done very well with their marketing campaigns, people are gonna buy those cars!

#5 Ollie_Gozzett

Ollie_Gozzett

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:19 PM

nearly evey household in the country DOES own one! at least around here they do lol

#6 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:23 PM

you lot who get upset about the BMW mini really need to grow up and get a life!

Its a f**king modern car, of course its going to be practical!
Why would the biggest car manufacturer in the world re-create the mini as it was.

A small un practical car what rusts and is slow and un reliable.

Instead, they have created a good looking practical car which is reliable, comfortable, fast and still keeps the Mini name going.

I like what they have done, and If I could afford a BM mini, Id have one tomorrow!

But I dont have that much cash.

<|Ben|>

#7 minivanman

minivanman

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,454 posts
  • Local Club: Backstreet Minis

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:51 PM

you have to remember, BMW is not a charity- the aim is to make money. which they do. very successfully.

#8 AndyB

AndyB

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:01 PM

If there was a company out there that built a classic mini, brand new from the production line then that would be fantastic!! BMW should have just built the Classic shape mini with no stlying changed on it whatsoever. If they could produce an old mini with the life longevity of the bini, whatever company it was would be ROLLING IN IT!!! (cash that is)

I think Classic mini owners are generally p**sed off at the change in shape. The Bini's TOO BIG!

Plus I'd wear a BMW badge on my classic mini if it'd make it last longer!!!! ;D

#9 Herby.

Herby.

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:02 PM

So the conversation of CLASSIC and NEW has now moved from WAVING THREAD to this one.

#10 AndyB

AndyB

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:03 PM

It does seem to move around, aye...

Hey Herby does the New Mini have ABS and Traction control? Just curious... I may change my opinion of it if it doen't have 'em

#11 Herby.

Herby.

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:09 PM

It does seem to move around, aye...

Hey Herby does the New Mini have ABS and Traction control? Just curious... I may change my opinion of it if it doen't have 'em

Tell you the truth im not sure but if anybody else does now please reply, If not next time i get in the car which wont be until the weekend, When hopefully the summer will start as we put the clocks forward one hour this weekend. Iwill have a look in manual.

#12 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:20 PM

Yes they do have ABS and traction control ASR (well on the cooper anyway) I know this because the first thing I do when I drive my other half mini is turn the ASR off!

It way to intrusive for my liking! Doesn't let you lose traction at all without just whipping the power away from you!

Thank god for the off switch!! ;D :)

#13 AndyB

AndyB

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:32 PM

K, I've got a Renault Clio and I've read the manual.....but.....The switch that turns the traction control off ISN'T where it should be!! ANYONE have any ideas how to turn it off>?

it's a 1.2 Dimonique 16v 2005 model. Also how do I turn off ABS?

And if there's any way to stiffen the suspension without having to remove it please let me know!

I'm fed up of driving a boat!! (Clio)

Can't use mini, it's on it's last legs, but IT WILL BE REBUILT!!! ;D

Actually should av posted this in an appropriate place but, whaddayagonnado?? heheh

Cheerz

#14 Herby.

Herby.

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:50 PM

Yes they do have ABS and traction control ASR (well on the cooper anyway) I know this because the first thing I do when I drive my other half mini is turn the ASR off!

It way to intrusive for my liking! Doesn't let you lose traction at all without just whipping the power away from you!

Thank god for the off switch!! ;D :)

I think the question has been answered. !!

#15 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:01 PM

K, I've got a Renault Clio and I've read the manual.....but.....The switch that turns the traction control off ISN'T where it should be!! ANYONE have any ideas how to turn it off>?

it's a 1.2 Dimonique 16v 2005 model. Also how do I turn off ABS?

And if there's any way to stiffen the suspension without having to remove it please let me know!

I'm fed up of driving a boat!! (Clio)

Can't use mini, it's on it's last legs, but IT WILL BE REBUILT!!! ;D

Actually should av posted this in an appropriate place but, whaddayagonnado?? heheh

Cheerz

If the buttons not there then chances are it doesn't have traction control. Abs if fitted to a car is not an optional switch of kind of thing. It either fitted or not. Most cars are set up slightly differently if they run abs.

As for stiffening suspension then cheapest way is change the springs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users