disasterbus

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Local Club: Surrey Hills Mini Group

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

1970 Mini Clubman Estate For Sale SOLD

Fantastic Classic Car in great condition. Built in 1970 – ‘H’ registration (the first year of production for the Mini Clubman), this is one of the earliest examples still on the road. It is a rare car and one that will only go up in value.

It had one owner from 1970 right the way through to 2010 and has only covered 71,000 miles in that time. The old boy who owned it from new gave up driving around 1990 and the car sat unused in his garage from then until 2010 when he sold it to a friend who overhauled the car to put it through an MOT and get it back on the road.

He MOT’d it in Sept 2010 and that’s when I bought the Mini for my son, as he was then 17. One of the main reasons for buying him an old Mini was that even 17 year olds can drive these on classic car policies so his fully comp insurance was around 25% of the cost of his friend's insurance policies who all drove Saxo’s, Corsa’s, Peugeot 106’s , Fiesta’s etc.

My son has been driving the Mini since then and we did a lot of work on the car to put it through it’s next MOT in September 2011. It just passed the MOT again a week ago and was serviced at the same time so has 12 months MOT. The current MOT expires on 29/09/2013.

It’s tax exempt (so road tax is FREE!) and has a current tax disc which expires on 30/09/2013.

It has now done 71,000 miles – very little for it’s age. This is genuine mileage, backed up by service history and old MOT’s.

My son loves this car but now he’s been driving for almost 2 years, the insurance quotes for other cars are getting a bit more realistic, so he now wants a slightly quicker Mini. He’s after a 1275cc – either a Cooper or a standard Mini but it needs to be manual and a 1997 model or earlier so he can still get classic car insurance (his company will only cover cars 15 years old or older). We would consider a swap or part exchange with cash either way for the right car.

In the last year we have spent fortunes on this car to keep the Clubman Estate mechanically tip top. It has recently had :

· 2 New tyres on the rare 10” ro-style steel wheels (as fitted to the original 1275GT Mini’s)
· Complete exhaust system
· New brake drums and brake shoes (front and back)
· New copper brake lines
· New clutch and brake master cylinders
· Complete new fuel tank
· New rear radius arm bushes
· New CV boots and track rods
· New steering column bushes
· Converted from dynamo to high capacity alternator so you can have lights and wipers (not one or the other like most 1970’s Mini’s!)
. Carburetor rebuilt with new needle and jets
. Replacement rear subframe
. Original auxilliary Smiths guages including rev counter (same as in the 1960's Coopers - I've seen these fetch £150 on eBay on their own!
· Replacement front seats from a late model mini (originals are included but the original passenger seat has a small tear in it)

It recently had a repair to the driver’s door hinge / ‘A post’ and the driver’s side ‘A panel’ was also replaced at the same time. The Mini has all the original features including the wood panels on the sides. It is very reliable and is only being sold to fund the purchase of another Mini.

Can be viewed in Woking.
I can e-mail or post up more photos of the car including interior and underneath if required.

The Mini is 42 has 12 MONTHS MOT and 12 months (FREE) Road Tax

£2650 ono

or SWAP for a 1275cc Mini. We can put some cash into the deal as well so looking for Mini's upto £4000 - no projects, he needs something reliable in good condition as he now works full time and needs the car every day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by disasterbus, 24 November 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#2 grumpy2

grumpy2

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: Wirral Minis

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

That little fella would suit me down to the ground in so many ways. And I've a mini shaped hole in my garage at the minute looking to be filled but why are the tempting cars all so far away?

:-(

#3 disasterbus

disasterbus

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

That little fella would suit me down to the ground in so many ways. And I've a mini shaped hole in my garage at the minute looking to be filled but why are the tempting cars all so far away?

:-(

You're only a couple of hundred miles away. The mini would do that no problem - £25 for a train ticket and drive it home ;-)

#4 greenfordpop

greenfordpop

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Local Club: Westonminimuckers.co.uk

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

Hi there
I think i`ve pm`ed you in the past when you were thinking of selling/swapping it then. I still fancy the idea of a Mini est as i was after one before buying my present mini. I can offer you a deal/swap on my 1972 Mini. Its not a 1275, but it is a nice 1000 A+ engine with a modified cyl head with a Stage one tuning kit and new RC40 exhaust (including both manifolds) which helps keeps up with modern traffic very well. My Mini was rebuilt/restored by the previous owner with many new parts and resprayed in the present blue. Fitted with later Mini interior for comfort and Cosmic alloy wheels for the retro look. Since i bought the car back in january i have fitted a new electronic distributor, coil and pod rev counter. The engine and the outside of the Mini look stock a part from the wheels. I have agreed insurance value of £3,500. Just let me know what you think.
Cheers
Barry

Posted Image

#5 leadly

leadly

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Local Club: [] D.C.M.O.C []

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Looks like a lovely estate. If your son loves it so much why nut just get a 1275 engine and chuck it in?

#6 disasterbus

disasterbus

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Hi there
I think i`ve pm`ed you in the past when you were thinking of selling/swapping it then. I still fancy the idea of a Mini est as i was after one before buying my present mini. I can offer you a deal/swap on my 1972 Mini. Its not a 1275, but it is a nice 1000 A+ engine with a modified cyl head with a Stage one tuning kit and new RC40 exhaust (including both manifolds) which helps keeps up with modern traffic very well. My Mini was rebuilt/restored by the previous owner with many new parts and resprayed in the present blue. Fitted with later Mini interior for comfort and Cosmic alloy wheels for the retro look. Since i bought the car back in january i have fitted a new electronic distributor, coil and pod rev counter. The engine and the outside of the Mini look stock a part from the wheels. I have agreed insurance value of £3,500. Just let me know what you think.
Cheers
Barry

Looks nice, where in the UK are you?

#7 greenfordpop

greenfordpop

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Local Club: Westonminimuckers.co.uk

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Somerset, but have family in Basingstoke
greenfordpop

#8 peterclark

peterclark
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

hi is the estate still for sale as i would be intrested

#9 disasterbus

disasterbus

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

hi is the estate still for sale as i would be intrested

yes, couple of people interested but still for sale

#10 disasterbus

disasterbus

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

is this too expensive or are people just not buying old mini's at the moment? :unsure:

#11 eden7842

eden7842

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Its cheap to be honest mate, no ones buying atm :-(

#12 edsaz

edsaz

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

This is right up my street, just not in a position right now to do anything about it, need to shift on the wifes car and it's not even up for sale yet. Even the mrs likes it!!! Best of luck with the sale mate, hope you shift it on ( what i really mean is i hope you still have it around march when i will hopefully sell the wifes ragtop).

#13 MiNi_BoRe

MiNi_BoRe

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

would [post='this']http://www.theminifo...ova-gsi-engine/[/post] interest you?? id love an estate!! always wanted one! I have more recent pics if required.....

by the way log book is still registered as 1275 so the insurance is cheap but up to you if you'd want to change it or not.... ive never had any probs....

http://www.theminifo...ova-gsi-engine/

Edited by MiNi_BoRe, 10 November 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#14 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

is this too expensive or are people just not buying old mini's at the moment? :unsure:

It is a bad time to sell at the moment, but then I think it's probably a little overpriced too. I was offered a very similar 72 clubby estate, not so long ago for just over £2k and that was completely standard spec with the original interior. OK that was probably a bit of a bargain if I'm honest, but I still think you probably should be asking for under the £2.5k mark for this one.

#15 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

It is a bad time to sell at the moment, but then I think it's probably a little overpriced too. I was offered a very similar 72 clubby estate, not so long ago for just over £2k and that was completely standard spec with the original interior. OK that was probably a bit of a bargain if I'm honest, but I still think you probably should be asking for under the £2.5k mark for this one.

+1, it seems only real nice ones are fetching top money and everything else struggles to sell at all. Lots have hung around on here and eBay for quite a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users