5 replies to this topic

#1 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Since finishing my MiniBusa I have had it on Oregon Raceway Park 6 or 7 times, Portland International Raceway once, and Thunderhill Raceway once. Like any new projects I have had several "Bugs" come up to be corrected but now the car is running great and what I would call very dependable. My last two track days at PIR and Thunderhill I ran all day with out a glitch.
So now I am ready to fine tune the suspension and work on my driving skills. BUT!
ORP is finished for the winter, and all other close tracks are out of the question because of snow on the mountain passes. So I guess I'm just stuck with nothing but a polishing rag for the winter.
Oh Woe is Me!

Can you guys across the pond race all year long?

#2 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Sounds like a good excuse to buy another project to build over the winter ! ;)

#3 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

Since finishing my MiniBusa I have had it on Oregon Raceway Park 6 or 7 times, Portland International Raceway once, and Thunderhill Raceway once. Like any new projects I have had several "Bugs" come up to be corrected but now the car is running great and what I would call very dependable. My last two track days at PIR and Thunderhill I ran all day with out a glitch.
So now I am ready to fine tune the suspension and work on my driving skills. BUT!
ORP is finished for the winter, and all other close tracks are out of the question because of snow on the mountain passes. So I guess I'm just stuck with nothing but a polishing rag for the winter.
Oh Woe is Me!

We do have track days going on all year round as our weather just turns cold and rainy so you can still track your car if you dont mind the wet. I believe the motorsport calendar for circuit racing has a break for the winter months but there's still rallying and other forms of motorsport happening in the winter. Maybe get yourself a Rage buggy http://www.ragemotorsport.com/ to have something to do in the winter.........

#4 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

The first round of the superbikes at brands hatch was postponed a couple of years ago due to snow

#5 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

The first round of the superbikes at brands hatch was postponed a couple of years ago due to snow

Carlos W is quite right, it does snow here sometimes, it happens that little in the south that I forgot to mention it.

#6 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Oh Woe is Me!

We do have track days going on all year round as our weather just turns cold and rainy so you can still track your car if you dont mind the wet. I believe the motorsport calendar for circuit racing has a break for the winter months but there's still rallying and other forms of motorsport happening in the winter. Maybe get yourself a Rage buggy http://www.ragemotorsport.com/ to have something to do in the winter.........

That would be a kick in the but.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users