20 replies to this topic

#1 minister

minister

Starting My Mini Up

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hello I'm new to the forum. I got back into minis earlier this year after a long abstention while the children grew up. Bought a lovely 1340 mini in need of a bit of TLC in June and spent scores of hours and a few quid bringing it back to life. Had every intention of joining a club and this forum when I'd made enough progress.

Anyway just adding to the list of minis taken in the Birmingham area. My bundle of fun was taken from my drive in Kings Heath at 8.00pm on Friday October 12th. Neighbours CCTV catches the end of my drive so had the pleasure of watching it being pushed onto the road, lights come on and pushed across the road and out of sight of the camera. It was dark and raining so can't see too much but the road was busy and he still managed to push it across the traffic so someone saw what he was up to.

I couldn't understand why I hadn't heard it - it was a noisy little thing so I'm guessing it might not have been started at all.

Police seemed less that useful and didn't even get a visit - still negotiating with the insurance company so just hoping it doesn't kill my enthusiasm altogether when I finally get a settlement. Not that I will ever get back what I invested, and I don't just mean money.

Still hope to get another at some point. Forum is really helpful and its good to have a hobby.

#2 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Not again :( ******* *******. Sorry dude

#3 sledgehammer

sledgehammer

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

sorry to hear that

any faces on the CCTV ? any lorries pulling up earlier ?

any pics ?

any cars driving by slowly earlier in the day ?

any glass in the drive

#4 Hegnirst

Hegnirst

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,475 posts
  • Local Club: Hilltop Minis

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

what the hell im so angry at this! fed up of it! why is no one nice enough to report cars that are blatently being stolen on a main road.!!!!!

#5 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Honestly, who would bat an eyelid at a mini being pushed down the road !

#6 OllieTheWelder

OllieTheWelder

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

I would suspect nothing unusual if i saw someone pushing a mini, they're not exactly reliable are they? I would also check the CCTV for cars going slowly past your house or anyone acting suspiciously.

Ollie.

#7 minister

minister

Starting My Mini Up

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. The CCTV was just too poor to see anything useful - CCTV did also seem to catch the same male who took the car loitering at the end of the drive about an hour earlier. No glass no indication of any force being used. Didn't even realise there was a problem with mini thefts in the area until I started researching after mine was taken.

Some of the reports leave little hope that there is anything that can be done to stop thieves taking a mini once they're after it.

#8 leigh21

leigh21

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

sorry about your car, do you have a pic and the reg number? I work in brum and live near by i can keep a look out? Although i think its possible it will either be stripped and sold for parts or in another country by now :( But you never know!

#9 CMXCVIII

CMXCVIII

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Sorry too! Although you'd only had the car for four months, can you tell us about any distinctive features?

#10 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

oh no not another. sounds like we need to spread the word far and wide about this mennis to minis

#11 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

sorry to hear this, Midlands seems to be getting a lot of these at the moment

#12 Algordo1100

Algordo1100

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

Very sorry to hear this. Its getting ridiculous. I am increasingly concerned for mine and everyone else's Minis.

Al

#13 leigh21

leigh21

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Bastards... We should set a trap, We'll all chip in a couple of quid and leave a half decent 'looking' mini on a street in brum whilst there are a few of us doing a stake out and catch them red handed!... do excuse me i have had a few to drink but it is a good idea! The bastards will get whats coming to em! Just leave a mini shell with sportspack arches decent wheels, no engine etc, wait til someone tries to nick it and we'll pounce :) go pick on robin reliant owners you idiots :)

Edited by leigh21, 09 November 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#14 AshJ

AshJ

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

another one joins the list.....police weren't very attentive when mine was stolen.

Kings Heath, mine was taken from Stirchley and a few from Hall Green....same guys im guessing. Cannot wait until these people are caught

#15 Steely

Steely

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

I spotted a mini parked in Stirchley on Tuesday, weren't yours sadly but I would have thought the owner would maybe want to be a bit more carefull about where he/she had parked it.

Good luck to both of you with retrieving your mini's! It's very sad to hear that they are all quickly dissapearing and so close to home :s

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users