#1 Foxy Mini

Foxy Mini

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Mini Club

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:10 PM

Can anybody recommend anywhere that sell black and silver show plates?

I'm after some for me new mini but I need them for the weekend as I'm giving them to my other half for his birthday (his private reg number is going on this weekend ;D )

They'll only be for show but I'd like something a bit fancy, not just black with silver lettering, maybe a slogan or something?

Help!

#2 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:14 PM

try having a lok on ebay ;D

#3 syholl

syholl

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:27 AM

I use Framptons for mine, they are really good, and the service is unbelievably quick.

Order them in the morning, and they will be with you the next day, along with a stamped addressed envelope to return a copy of your V5.... (obviously you may 'forget' to do this... ;D )

Unfortunately they are away for 2 weeks, so if you need them in a hurry they won't be any use.

http://www.pl8s.co.uk/page3.html

#4 Modmobile

Modmobile

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:13 AM

What's the rules and regs regarding the black and silver ones? 'Cause I quite fancy some for Batmin...
Also regarding numberplates painted on your bonnet 'cause I'll want that for Jimmys replacement...

#5 syholl

syholl

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 04:25 PM

They are only for pre 73 cars.... anything else is illegal, and looks stupid as well...

#6 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 04:28 PM

Can't have them painted on your bonnet, and stick on ones are dodgy territory.

#7 beemerduck

beemerduck

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:06 PM

They are only for pre 73 cars.... anything else is illegal, and looks stupid as well...

do you think? I think especially with the right colour car...but they look great on any mini, as they are a nuetral colour and dont clash unlike orange ones..

#8 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:15 PM

I think they look good with the old numbering system, where the year letter was at the end of the licence number.

But anyway, since Foxy_Mini said these will be show plates I'm sure she'd just appreciate the contact details of some companies that could make them! ;D :P

#9 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:53 PM

id like some too, i think us who require them need to know somewhere who will do them without the log book. i must have missed out by months, mime is an M plate but 73.

#10 DavesBluey

DavesBluey

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:11 PM

My othe half's car is a 73 L reg and is tax exempt. I bought her a set of black and silver pressed plates off of Ebay for £21 including postage. Quick delivery, lovely plates, and they don't ask to look at the log book.

Black and Silver Plates on Ebay !!clicky!!

#11 syholl

syholl

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:04 PM

id like some too, i think us who require them need to know somewhere who will do them without the log book. i must have missed out by months, mime is an M plate but 73.

The link i posted near the top doesn't 'require' a V5. You are supposed to send one back, but nobody bothers usually...

#12 Foxy Mini

Foxy Mini

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Mini Club

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:00 PM

Somebody also suggested these people to me...

http://www.impactshowplates.co.uk/

Cheers for all the suggestions :w00t:

Awww :dontgetit:

Our baby already has them and because she's black and red they look fabulous!

#13 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:13 PM

as long as the company doing them is not in the UK, they don't need V5. UK companies are required by law to see your V5 and photo ID before issuing plates.. though most (usually asian) parts centers will not need them. If you don't have the V5 or it still has the old reg number you can get the certificate from your local dvla office which will allow you to get the plates made up... once the tranfer of reg is done, your are supposed to change the plates immediatley to reflect the new number (i wanted to give my wife one for christmas... ooo err.. but she had to have it a few days before.. boom boom) though in the unlikely event of being pulled over after the change has taken place and before new plates have gone on, just plead ignorance!!

#14 Modmobile

Modmobile

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:01 PM

Oh, okay then.....no black plates for batmin then :w00t:

#15 beemerduck

beemerduck

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:56 PM

Oh, okay then.....no black plates for batmin then :dontgetit:

Good for show though !! :w00t:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users