#1 BiMU

BiMU

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  • Local Club: Middlesex Mini Club

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:21 AM

Just came across them for the first time. Are the prices ok? I saw Aston Caps for £16ish. Anyone else used them before?

PLMiNi's

#2 Foxy Mini

Foxy Mini

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Mini Club

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:37 AM

I've emailed them about loads of things but they never get back to me :-

#3 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:14 PM

i've read varying reviews (completely opposite ends of the spectrum), but never used them myself. Have a search for P&L.

#4 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:00 PM

I've heard quite a few people say that the work they do on certain things is a lil rushed or low of the mark. Not sure about buying things from them as a supplier though.

#5 Mini Mad James

Mini Mad James

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:34 PM

I was planning on buying some new minilites from them

youve worried me now :-

#6 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:17 PM

Well they buy MiniLites in from the manufacturer anyway, so there shouldn't be a problem with them!

#7 BiMU

BiMU

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:04 PM

I've heard quite a few people say that the work they do on certain things is a lil rushed or low of the mark. Not sure about buying things from them as a supplier though.

I guess that would explain uber low prices...

#8 Super Mario

Super Mario

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:44 AM

I found when I went there all their prices were higher than the website - they miss off VAT I think.

#9 [email protected]

[email protected]

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:49 AM

Just came across them for the first time. Are the prices ok? I saw Aston Caps for £16ish. Anyone else used them before?

PLMiNi's

Hi,
Blatant Plug to follow I'm afraid!!!!!
My Aston's are £15 inc VAT ;D
Aston Filler Cap

#10 timmy

timmy

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:58 AM

Ive bought several things off pl minis, as far as im concerned they are great! The goods get to you quickly, the prices are low and they communicate well (send you varification emails and email when the item has been dispatched) Also the only time i asked a question i got an email back within 24hrs! That my experience with them ;D! I would reccomend them anyway.....

#11 BiMU

BiMU

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:18 AM

PLMiNi's

Hi,
My Aston's are £15 inc VAT :D
Aston Filler Cap

How much for shipping? ;D

#12 Jive-ass-Joel

Jive-ass-Joel

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:33 AM

I've been pricing up all the panels i'll need and i've found that they have best prices. came in at about £167 where as minispares were more like £175 and minisport were £180(PRE VAT!!!)

I've heard thta minispares can be unreliable on delivery so i think i'll order from PL, over the phone tho, just to make sure the prices are the same...also the website says that they delivery heavy items (up to 40kgs) next day for £20! which doesn't sound too bad

has anyone else had many/any experience with them?

#13 [email protected]

[email protected]

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:33 PM

PLMiNi's

Hi,
My Aston's are £15 inc VAT :D
Aston Filler Cap

How much for shipping? :D

Hi,
Our website works out the weight of your order and calculates shipping that way. Up to 500g is £2.50 and up to 1kg is £4.95, 2kg £6 and so on. To answer your question the Aston will be £4.95 ;D

#14 who_loves_the_mini?

who_loves_the_mini?

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:52 AM

I've heard thta minispares can be unreliable on delivery so i think i'll order from PL, over the phone tho, just to make sure the prices are the same...also the website says that they delivery heavy items (up to 40kgs) next day for £20! which doesn't sound too bad

i would say minispares are one of the best companies out there. they are normally the cheapest or at least one of and their delivery is spot on. I ordered some stuff on the tuesday and it was here on thursday morning. Id always go with minispares

PL were good in termsa of communication as they emailed me back several times, but they tried to charge me channle island rates for postage to the Isle of Wight which annoyed me a little. A quick change in the address sorted that one out

#15 Jive-ass-Joel

Jive-ass-Joel

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:31 AM

oh ok. thats good then. having done a lot of comparison i did find that they were good on prices. but now i've spoken to someone who can get me panels at trade, locally so no postage either. which will be nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users