13 replies to this topic

#1 richw911

richw911

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Had My 1275 set up by these guys and they really know their stuff, a true old school garage! I paid £92 and it drives like a different car!

Highly recommended from me and lots of others in this area. :thumbsup:

Tipton St John nr Sidmouth Devon - http://www.tiptongarage.co.uk/ Call Steve on 01404 812091

#2 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Unfortunately the rolling road is out of action for the moment. They said give it a week before enquiring.

*edit* What did you do to it, richw911? :D

Edited by Teapot, 30 January 2013 - 03:11 PM.

#3 richw911

richw911

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Unfortunately the rolling road is out of action for the moment. They said give it a week before enquiring.

Oh no! My 63bhp must have been too much for it to cope with :lol: :lol: :D

#4 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

I think Matt might have pre weakened it with his 115BHP Metro.

Posted Image

#5 richw911

richw911

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

I think Matt might have pre weakened it with his 115BHP Metro.

Posted Image

Thats Sweet! love it :shades:

#6 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Another plus for Tipton Garage ...

Huey has been suffering from (excuse the technical jargon) two-peg syndrome for a couple of weeks

which means although the weather isn't getting cold yet he needed two pegs on the choke for a couple of minutes,

otherwise he spluttered and bogged down at low revs. Plus once warmed up, the engine would die on coming to a halt.

Steve understood what I was on about, and found the mixture screw had been tightened right up. He reset it, bunged the gas analyser up the exhaust, checked the engine with a strobe and raised the idle speed a tad.

He was very busy in the workshop with proper jobs and I hadn't phoned beforehand.

About 15 minutes' work and he charged ... nowt. What a nice guy.

Huey immediately felt ok again so I'm just waiting to start him up from cold tomorrow to make sure all is well.

#7 MarlonSpi

MarlonSpi

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

Booked the Clubman Estate in here for a proper Tune Up later this week will let you know how she does...

Already running sweet but always piece of mind to get everything set up right.

#8 MarlonSpi

MarlonSpi

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

Job done !

Attached File  image.jpg   48.59K   13 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   62.62K   15 downloads

We'll happy excellent service and top fellow who tuned it up. Spent nearly 3 hrs there charged me for an hour n half, stripped carb down, adjusted tappets and timing.

Runs well now..... Highly recommended.Attached File  image.jpg   76.06K   9 downloads

Edited by MarlonSpi, 22 November 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#9 richw911

richw911

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

Great stuff they really know A series engines dont they!

#10 MarlonSpi

MarlonSpi

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

Great stuff they really know A series engines dont they!

Yes they are good people Rich gave me sound advice offered to help in the future with some other stuff I'm doing so well happy with my experience today. Also saw this in their workshop....Attached File  image.jpg   54.92K   3 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   61.51K   0 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   38.56K   2 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   64.77K   0 downloads

#11 Redrat

Redrat

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

They are good in there. I have been using them for about 8 years and always found them to be top notch . Dropped my engine off there earlier today for gearbox work , arrived unannounced but Steve had time to have a chat and discuss what he could do , also got a look at a Lamborghini engine he is working on !

In all they are the best around exeter / totnes area and know their stuff , Richard the owner used to work at downton back in the 60's & 70's and has been racing minis since then.

#12 jacobtomos

jacobtomos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

Another plus for these guys, really friendly and knowledgable. Steve sorted my timing and mixture out and fabricated me a new sandwichplate for my air filter for peanuts. Top guys and would definitely recommend them to anyone in or around Exeter. 

#13 Fish45

Fish45

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:43 PM

Took my mini to Tipton garage today as there not far from me to ask for a little more knowledge on some engine problems,and was met by Steve,found out his sister was in my year at school and he was two above lol,and been a passionate person on cars he came off the car he was doin and got his tools out on mine and done a leak test and was very on the button as to what we can do😄old school are very rare,he made my day,and they have a machine shop. A credit

#14 InnoCOOPER

InnoCOOPER

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:53 AM

Visited them yesterday after pre booking on the way back from Beaulieu and they did an excellent job on the rolling road.   Steven talked through what he did and got the engine running really sweet a nice compromise between performance and drivability. Explained the settings and how to setup if i moved to electronic ignition.   Would highly recommend.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users