2 replies to this topic

#1 tom1

tom1

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Just having a think about brakes for my hill climb/rally project . The back end is sorted as I have got a old set of minifins. It's the front end I have to get my head around. What I have got is a new set of 8.4 vented/grooved discs with metro calipers but I want to run 10" wheels. So could I get a way with turning the discs down to 7.9 and changing the calipers( Is the hub on a copper disc the same size as a metro hub?). If you turn it down, do you cut off all of the vented part of the disc? The next thing I have to look at is servo or not and what sort of bias braking to use?
Cheers tom

#2 Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger

" I AM THE SPECIAL ONE"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts
  • Local Club: aint no body got time fo dat

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

That's probably more effort than just getting a 7.9 or 7.5 brake kit. You could get KAD calipers, or minisport alloy ones they are good too

My brake set up is a late split system brake master cylinder, rears othroigh a bias valve to mini fins. Front go trough a servo to minisport 7.5 calipers. Nearly lok the fronts up on a brake roller tester without servo assistance, all the braking you need!

#3 oxfordminirestoration

oxfordminirestoration

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

hi, i have a hill climbing mini, i would recommend running KAD brakes on the front, great stopping power and very well made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users