4 replies to this topic

#1 Gadgets

Gadgets

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hi fellow van owners! Can you help me? I have rear beam axle, Protech gas coil over shocks, 12" wheels with Wood & Picket arches. I need more height rear tyres to arches. I have just tried some 175Lb springs with an inch spacer on the shock but it has made little difference. What length and poundage of spring do I need for van with this set up? Here are the shocks http://www.protechshocks.co.uk/products/classic-mini-shock-absorbers/pair-of-classic-mini-offset-coil-over-rears
I did manage my first run in 20 years off the road but with extreame care due to rubbing arches over the slightest bump!
Thank you!!!!!

Attached Files

#2 benjy_18

benjy_18

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

I may sound stupid, but you have wound the foot plate of the springs to the highest point already?

#3 Gadgets

Gadgets

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

Yes the spring compressed on the springs that came with va, the 175 lb ones I have wound up 2 inches cant get them any tighter with c spanner. These were off a Catherham just to try but are slightly wider guage. What I have just noticed though is that I do not have a set of washers with rubber sanwhich on top of mount only inside the van under the top nut , I can not see that it is long enough to have 2 sets, I am wondering if the tops are wrong / to short,perhaps with stronger springs and longer top mount where it goes through turret that might give me enough. I think I will call Protech in the morning for a chat (jibber Jabber)

Thanks, comments welcome!!! Just get this sorted and I am in business!

#4 richw911

richw911

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

Thats a lovely blue mini in that pic, the rose coloured special isnt bad either. =]

This my be worth a read bud :

http://www.turbomini...p=vt&tid=305411

#5 Gadgets

Gadgets

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

Oooh thanks Rich, I think the shock pistons are too short, these might be low ride height for 10s wheels. I will call Protech.

garry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: van

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users