6 replies to this topic

#1 Archived4

Archived4

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

As above, anyone doing it? I'm helping with results, marshalling, and probably get a few videos :proud:

#2 rally1380

rally1380

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

As above, anyone doing it? I'm helping with results, marshalling, and probably get a few videos :proud:

Didn't even know it was on.....seems a full entry list already....shame, sounds like fun!

#3 minispaniard

minispaniard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club, CMC.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

it's part of the Endurance Road Rally Championship as a replacement for the cancelled Bullnose, right? ERRC crews are great and their events have a great atmosphere...

There are a couple of endurance prepared cars for sale at the moment at really good prices (one of them belonged to the one and only Cooperman at some point), I've been very tempted to go for one as I know eventually I will get into endurance rallying. Unfortunately it's the wrong time for me!

Enjoy!

#4 Archived4

Archived4

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

Yeah, that's it iirc. And I think it is historics, road rally, errc that are doing it. Quite a mix and match

#5 DEPS

DEPS

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Local Club: Carlton & District Motor Club

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

This is run by Carlton and District Motor Club from Nottingham and I have been a member for many years, although not a particularly active one in recent years. So don't ask me too much about this event! But I will attempt to get answers for you.

I have marshalled on it previously when it was purely an endurance event, but it has now developed to include various classes including Historics, so minis should be ok under one class or another!

Unfortunately my mini is a long way off running let alone competing, but hope to be marshalling.

#6 rally1380

rally1380

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

Anyone know of any other events that are similar?   I'm familiar with the HRCR events which seem to focus more of Regularity sections, but any pointers towards other events would be much appreciated.

#7 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,031 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

it's part of the Endurance Road Rally Championship as a replacement for the cancelled Bullnose, right? ERRC crews are great and their events have a great atmosphere...

There are a couple of endurance prepared cars for sale at the moment at really good prices (one of them belonged to the one and only Cooperman at some point), I've been very tempted to go for one as I know eventually I will get into endurance rallying. Unfortunately it's the wrong time for me!

Enjoy!

That's interesting. It must be my old Rover 214Si which was a very competitive car and I loved driving it.
I prepared it with a lot of help from the Rover Centre after deciding a Mini Cooper 1275 was simply too much like hard work to drive at a competitive speed against modern Endurance cars and that all I was doing with the Mini was spending money to be non-competitive. With the Rover I had some excellent results including an outright win on the Yorkshire Endurance Rally and several 2and & 3rd places.
These days a Mini is really only suitable for Historics as modern cars are just so much quicker everywhere and have vastly superior suspension.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users