35 replies to this topic

#1 orangeteg

orangeteg

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

hello ive recently got in my hands an ex redbull mini with no papers, no engine, interior but still in original exterior condition. it even has the redbull can attached on the back.

the body needs attention but its a piece of history i guess.

how much money this car goes for? as it is without papers.

#2 Kieranlee999

Kieranlee999

I am mainly being a nutter from MotorNutz.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Local Club: Robin Hood Mini Club,

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

it might be better to ask one of the admins to move it to the valuations section of the forum :) and also get some pictures up I love the look of the red bull mini's

#3 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

Be very  careful here! Redbull were very strict on all the old red bull minis being painted a boring colour and having the cans removed as they didnt want any dodgy advertising or something. 

If yours is still in this condition I wouldnt advertise it on the internet unless you want red bull's legal department claiming ownership of the can and demanding the paintworks been changed

As for value, not much without docs but the actual red bull bits might be worth a bit for the reasons above 

#4 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

Be very  careful here! Redbull were very strict on all the old red bull minis being painted a boring colour and having the cans removed as they didnt want any dodgy advertising or something. 

If yours is still in this condition I wouldnt advertise it on the internet unless you want red bull's legal department claiming ownership of the can and demanding the paintworks been changed

As for value, not much without docs but the actual red bull bits might be worth a bit for the reasons above 

+1, would be a shame to lose it

#5 Archived1

Archived1

Super Mini Mad

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

Pm'd.

I can help you.

Edited by Elf is a mini, 05 March 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#6 bluffin

bluffin

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

Classic ex redbull I take it?

#7 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Local Club: GR8 minis

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

Pm me some pics please may buy if price is right!

#8 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

Interesting, there was someone on here last year with a red bull (minus can) and you couldn't give it away, I think it went for breaking.

#9 Archived1

Archived1

Super Mini Mad

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

this one is in cyprus too.

#10 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

this one is in cyprus too.

Even more interesting, was a real shame the last one we saw, nearly made an offer

#11 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

I think its the red bull factor that makes the worth any money, without any red bull details and its just a weird shaped mini with a fridge in the boot/rear seats 

#12 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:54 AM

Interesting, there was someone on here last year with a red bull (minus can) and you couldn't give it away, I think it went for breaking.

Was that the guy who put it in the valuations section here and then seemed to get a bit offended, when a few of us didn't think it was worth anywhere near the £6k-£8k that he thought it was?

#13 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

Was that the guy who put it in the valuations section here and then seemed to get a bit offended, when a few of us didn't think it was worth anywhere near the £6k-£8k that he thought it was?

Thats the one, I think most of us valued it down at about 2.5k

#14 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

Thats a little unfair to talk down another forum members car value. One of the things forum staff often talk about is not to post something that flames another member.

Two inflammatory posts from forum staff here alone.

They are two different examples.

The one that was breaking was in poor project condition. As with most mpi minis it was worth more in parts. The forum members vehicle was valued at much more than £2.5k and thats just pure rudeness to state such a thing on this thread to be honest and can only serve to purposely offend that member. Not the actions I would like to see from forum staff.

This thread is about a poor condition rolling shell in cyprus and not about slating a member or his car car from an old thread.

Many people agree that the car was worth more than £2.5k. The post is stated as a fact that it was valued down to £2.5k.

One of the people defending the value on the last thread was you Avv it.

The silver one at auction made shy of 6k. 3.5k is way under valued.

It did? At which auction? It's still listed on eBay as for sale??    :unsure:

Having searched through eBay's completed listings, when it was auctioned last month, it didn't make the reserve price and therefore didn't sell, although admittedly it did receive bids up to £5,100 and looking through the bid history there were clearly a couple of bidders prepared to pay over £3.5k for it. http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27d8f5bd17

One on ebay that was in no way comparable to the blue mini being talked about here made £5.1k at auction and didnt make reserve.

Its fair to say that the person being mentioned would be within a reasonable judgement to ask £6k+ for his example.

"most" people did not value it down at £2.5k.

Sorry for the rant but I am saddened to see this action from staff.

#15 bluffin

bluffin

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

MaxAndPaddy and AVV IT, are you sure you deserve to be TMF staff?,  you guy's need to get your facts right before you go commenting about forum members cars, what's with all the Redbull Bashing on this site? The cars are part of classic mini history and I am sure if the owners could paint them in the Redbull livery and not get sued they would do it..

As to the value I guess we will never know until they are sold, you don't need to keep reposting as if to justify valuations!!

minihobbymini is correct 2 cars have been on this site, 1 needed restoration and the other one is mine and it has not been broken for spares, I spent a lot of time and money on the car and it means a lot that I have managed to save it from the scrap bin. How would you guy's react if I started bashing your mini's?

Edited by bluffin, 06 March 2014 - 11:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users