3 replies to this topic

#1 hayne90

hayne90

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

Hi im starting my first mini project and want to do a 1.6 8v vauxhall conversion has anybody got a blueprint to modify the subframe also whats best to run injection or carbs thanks in advance

#2 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

You will struggle to find plans to modify a sub frame to fit a Vauxhall engine. Allspeed don't provide plans and I don't think many of us have ever bothered to make plans before we started out Vauxhall builds.

Home built ones are generally one offs. Unless you can figure it out yourself I would advise that you buy a pre built frame. After building my own I understand where the costs are involved in an Allspeed one. Drive shafts are a pain in the a**e to make

As for your fuelling it depends on what you want and the engine you are running. If you have a c16se with a distributor then bike carbs will most likely be the easier to set up (if you are good with auto electrics then maybe not) although you will need to build a manifold for the. If there is no distributor then you will need to look at something like a megajolt.

Fuel injection is usually better as it has better cold start, more power and better fuel economy. There is also the question on price. Depending on you injection set up you may be able to run the standard Vauxhall ecu, if not you will need to look at something like a megasquirt.

#3 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

I have a 1.6 8v engine in mine.

Buy and allspeed or similar frame.

Keep all the vauxhall injection stuff. If you get the engine loom intact, you only have to wire up a couple wires to make it work.

E16se has a distributor and large MAF sensor which holds part of the ECU.

C16se has a coilpack and trigger wheel on the crank pulley, no MAF and no dizzy.

Otherwise they are pretty much the same engine. 

I am running mine with a standard length roundnose, standard brake and clutch master cylinders. And the vauxhall engine completely standard.

If you try and fit carbs to one of these engines you're better off with the E16se and running the dizzy. Otherwise with the C16se you'll have to run megajolt or similar.

But honestly the standard vaux stuff fits in standard and is really easy to wire up.

#4 millermilla

millermilla

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Local Club: BMC Brighton Mini Club

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

Use an Allspeed subframe and get a C16SE, keep the standard ECU and ignition and it's a pretty straight forward build. Here is my build thread with plenty of photos. http://www.theminifo...012-2013/page-3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users