22 replies to this topic

#16 Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:53 PM

After a couple weeks of trying to get some time with Kevin (and failing), I booked an appointment for an MOT and service at SR&R.

I'm not sure what to expect but I'm hoping Kevin & team will be able to inspect and sort out all the niggles with the car while under his care. 

#17 Trissy B

Trissy B

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor Regis Motor Club

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:40 AM

Great thread and i've just learned that the place in Shoreham exists, very handy as i live a few miles away! Next MOT definitely will be giving them a try.

#18 Trissy B

Trissy B

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor Regis Motor Club

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:40 AM

Does Sussex R & R or the Shoreham one have a rolling road?

Edited by Trissy B, 18 February 2017 - 07:41 AM.

#19 PetePinnington

PetePinnington

Formally known as PPinno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:46 AM

SRR don't have one but I belive the place next door do. I forget what they're called though.

#20 Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:27 PM

Still struggling to get Kevin on the phone - must be a really busy chap. Anyone on here send their Mini to SR&R?

#21 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

Still struggling to get Kevin on the phone - must be a really busy chap. Anyone on here send their Mini to SR&R?

Yes I use them for my MOT

#22 Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:21 PM

Great to see you've had a nice experience. Any tips or advice before I make the trek down (from Central London)?

Cheers!

#23 Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:54 PM

Thought I'd weigh in after my first experience with Sussex Road and Race. I took the car in for an MOT, full service and to replace the Japanese spec (for sale soon) coilovers with rubber cones.

Once I met Kevin in person,  I quickly understood why he's so incredibly busy. 50% of their workshop is filled with Classic Minis and he works on all of them himself. I was made to feel welcome and Kevin took the time to explain the minutest of detail to me. Frankly, it felt like I had met an old friend. I'm sure the Mini Cooper felt the same way. 

Their rates are reasonable and many minor extras were "thrown in" to the final tally. On the flip side, I'd say the achilles heel is his lack of minor body work/ paint capability (now entirely outsourced to a very busy bodyshop). I also made sure to factor in plenty of time for the work to get done. 

So, if you don't have rust to repair and aren't on a tight schedule, I can't possibly speak more highly of Kevin and his team. I know I'll be making the 2+ drive to work with them again soon :)

Edited by Screwdriver, 02 April 2017 - 10:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users