9 replies to this topic

#1 Berrybox

Berrybox

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

I am currently stuck in a job i dont much like working hours i really dont like (12 hour nights!) desperate for a more regular job.
Just had a call from a local estate agent who found my CV and want me to go in to talk about a job! They sound quite keen.
Anyone any experience of this job? Position is a negotiator.

Also I'm a bit nervous as it's not a proper interview just a meeting. Never done this before, almost wish it was an interview as I know what to expect... any tips?

#2 Devo

Devo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

I know people who have had this type of job role at estate agents its pretty competitive but you should be fine, just come across confident, look them in the eyes and not the mouth, shake his hand, be polite and willing to go along with it then go from there  :thumbsup:

They may ask you to go on a trial first though and you may be up against others but just give it your best shot. But I guess you never know until you get there maybe easier than you think, once your in the interview talking to them your nerves go and you feel more relaxed  :-)

You've done the hard part which is getting the interview just take the rest as it comes. Best of luck!! 

#3 Berrybox

Berrybox

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

Yeah they said it's a lot of sales work but iv done that before anyway :)
Always been interested in the job so fingers crossed! That's it, i can only give my best. Il update with how it goes! Thanks.

#4 Miniminx71

Miniminx71

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

What does a negotiator do? Are they the people that regularly knock on my door telling me they've got about a thousand people on their books wanting to buy my (not for sale) house?  O_O

If it's cold calling, have you tried Ipsos Mori? I used to do some work for them part-time, getting people to complete diaries of their radio listening (it's how Chris Evans knows he's got 9 million listeners etc!). I really enjoyed it and met some great people (including Mark Knopfler on one occasion). Flexible hours and pretty good money if you're confident and good with folk.

#5 Berrybox

Berrybox

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

No basically it's your regular estate agent job, taking calls arranging viewings and then going to see all the houses trying to sell them etc.
Nor a huge fan of cold calling, however that actually sounds quite good!

#6 Berrybox

Berrybox

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

All finished :) it went well, he was talking so much about what the job entailed which made it easy for me! He seemed to really like me and my experience and attitude to work. Had to fill some questionnaires in. They are seeing a few people so just have to see if they call me for a 2nd interview next week.. fingers crossed!

#7 will_

will_

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

Good luck fella. Sounds like it went as well as it could.

#8 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

Good luck fella. Sounds like it went as well as it could.

I think you will find Berrybox is a woman  :lol:

#9 will_

will_

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

Foot. Mouth.
Hey, at least I'm not sexist !! :D

#10 Berrybox

Berrybox