KernowCooper

Sparkie

• Mini Docs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Kernow Mini Club

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:19 PM

As you are aware we recommend here for standard Ignitions (12v) the use of the Lucas DLB 105 Ignition Coils.

Having spoken to MiniSpares today to order some parts for Workshop Stock, I placed a order for the DLB 105 Lucas Sports coil to be told its no longer stocked by MiniSpares, due to the fact that they have had some many failing and returned under warranty.

The Replacement for the DLB 105 Lucas Sports Coil will be:

Part Number MSC 105 - Which is made by Intermotor which has been making Ignition Parts as long as I have been in the trade, it is made by them in their factory in Europe, not the far east and a sticker job. I have no issues fitting Intermotor products, so will now recommend the fitment of the MSC 105 in place of the DLB 105.

Link - http://www.minispare...px|Back to shop

They come with terminal adapters to enable spade fitment in the box I'm told while ordering.

Attached Files

#2 [email protected]

[email protected]

Minispares

• Minispares
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • Name: Simon Jackson

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

It should be noted that Intermotor originally made these for Lucas before Lucas started sourcing from the Far east

#3 KernowCooper

KernowCooper

Sparkie

• Mini Docs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Kernow Mini Club

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

That explains a lot Simon thanks, Intermotor are a well established company in the ignition market so no issues fitting the MSC 105. If fact the Lucas DLB 105 fitted to my car may well be coming off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users