Photo

Anyone Moving To The New Power Commander 5?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aceslow

Aceslow

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:54 PM

Looks good. Adds a o2 sensor so no more mapping.

#2 duds100

duds100

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

I`ve just upgraded to the PC5 on mine. Got it mapped down at PDQ Motorcycle developments and the dude said the only real worthwhile difference between the 3 & the 5 is the ability to add extras onto it. The self tune is ok but It`s still much better to get it mapped on a rolling road. On the rollers you have the beauty of holding the engine at specific loads and throttle positions which you just can`t do properly on the road with the self tune system.

In which case the 3 is just as good as the 5 unless you want to plug in all the fancy bits. Rolling road session was about £190 for around 4 hours.

Here's the vid, it made 125WHP @ 10,800 RPM

#3 roadhouse

roadhouse

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:50 PM

Your car makes great power, duds! Thanks for sharing your experience with the PC5. Planning on just going with the 3 for my build. Would love to see 125 to the wheels with the 5PW.

#4 Helldriver

Helldriver

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:48 PM

Your car makes great power, duds! Thanks for sharing your experience with the PC5. Planning on just going with the 3 for my build. Would love to see 125 to the wheels with the 5PW.

use the original air box and you will see 10 horses more, if not something is not properly mapped or working right. 5PWs properly mapped deliver around 130hp with open filters and >140hp with the original air box fitted (need to be modified to fit with lynx kit) as the 5pw needs an airbox. Compared to promotive the lynx exhaust delivered with the kit is a bit better means less restrictive then promo one.

Think also about getting the Polestar ecu from lynx as it is cheaper and you can squeeze more hp out then with tricking original ecu with power commander to do this. Only 350 pounds with fitting harness and ready to use maps epecially for lynx setup with 5pw compared to modified harness for original Ecu costs you already 200, then plus power commander, all the cabling and installing additional boxes plus rolling rod costs.

Edited by Helldriver, 15 November 2014 - 04:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users