#1 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:45 AM

Happy Christmas to all that still visit the Zcars forum.

Lets hope there's a bit more action on here next year as its been pretty quiet of recent. Sharing builds on Facebook is great but for those searching for ways to do things/ for inspiration forums are the first stop. So lets try and keep the information flowing before it gets forgotten.....

All the best for the New Year and if your mid build and aim to be on the road in 2015, you're gonna have a great year (once you've worked through the niggles)......

Andy

#2 MotorinFool

MotorinFool

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Local Club: Puget Sound Minis

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

I second that!!!  I will be spending a lot more time on here as well.  After 8 years of dreaming over getting my very own Zcars, I finally made it happen (my wife let me).  Worked out a deal with Birdman and should be taking delivery in spring.  How lucky am I to get such a nice kit!

#3 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:21 PM

I second that!!!  I will be spending a lot more time on here as well.  After 8 years of dreaming over getting my very own Zcars, I finally made it happen (my wife let me).  Worked out a deal with Birdman and should be taking delivery in spring.  How lucky am I to get such a nice kit!

Birdmans car is a sweet piece of kit with plenty of RnD done on it. I am a jealous man as I would love a true track toy like that - one day..........

#4 MotorinFool

MotorinFool

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Local Club: Puget Sound Minis

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:59 PM

Birdmans car is a sweet piece of kit with plenty of RnD done on it. I am a jealous man as I would love a true track toy like that - one day..........

I am beyond thrilled to be getting his car, it is the scariest thing I have ever been in.  Aside from a few autocross runs in a BMW MINI, this will be my first race car, little intimidating.  Hopefully I can do some autocross this summer and start doing some club racing in 2016.  Since Birdman flew south for the winter I will have to wait until he comes back up north and the snow melts before I can get the car out.  The anticipation is killing me but it will be well worth the wait.  

#5 dondo

dondo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:47 PM

Hi everyone first post.
Going to visit ZCars on the 8/1/15 so may come back with something!!!
A nice new year present!! All the best for 2015 to all builders and mini fans.

#6 KTM kid

KTM kid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Local Club: Crews missels

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:03 PM

Welcome Dondo. Merry Christmas. i will be on here a lot more with a tale or two to tell. as things have gone Pete Tong with my car.

#7 dondo

dondo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:32 PM

The visit to Z cars went well,should be the proud owner on one soon.

#8 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

The visit to Z cars went well,should be the proud owner on one soon.

Good to hear, I am sure I can speak for others on here when I say welcome to the forum and we look forward to seeing your progress with your build.

#9 Dale_

Dale_

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

If someone wants to lend me a zcars mini I will be more than happy to post all about it ;) lol

#10 dondo

dondo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:31 AM

Hi all,deposit paid on a pre made z cars. Going down on the 10/2/15 to pick it up, then it will arrive in Glasgow.
Would have loved to make it my self but all you guys are so better at that me.

#11 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

Hi all,deposit paid on a pre made z cars. Going down on the 10/2/15 to pick it up, then it will arrive in Glasgow.
Would have loved to make it my self but all you guys are so better at that me.

Looking forward to the videos.......

#12 dondo

dondo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:48 PM

Major update!! The day started well have been to the bank transferred funds to Zcar,then went to my friends who was giving me a lone of a trailer to bring the car home.
All looked well my colleague from work has a tow bar on his Pasatt and was willing to give a day up to get my car.
While we chatted over a cup of tea we thought the trailer was not wide enough, a quick call to Zcars they confirmed the car was 61'' wide and the trailer was 58'' wide. You do the maths !!!!
No problem said my friend as I have another trailer but we have to remove 2 tons of wood first, a while later we were good to go,after a short drive my friend decided his car was not powerful enough to hall an empty trailer or one with a mini on it.
This is where the Ex comes into good use her new partner worked for a national company who will arrange the pick up and transport to Scotland may cost may not!
So the moral of the story is keep in with the Ex!!!!!

#13 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:18 AM

Major update!! The day started well have been to the bank transferred funds to Zcar,then went to my friends who was giving me a lone of a trailer to bring the car home.
All looked well my colleague from work has a tow bar on his Pasatt and was willing to give a day up to get my car.
While we chatted over a cup of tea we thought the trailer was not wide enough, a quick call to Zcars they confirmed the car was 61'' wide and the trailer was 58'' wide. You do the maths !!!!
No problem said my friend as I have another trailer but we have to remove 2 tons of wood first, a while later we were good to go,after a short drive my friend decided his car was not powerful enough to hall an empty trailer or one with a mini on it.
This is where the Ex comes into good use her new partner worked for a national company who will arrange the pick up and transport to Scotland may cost may not!
So the moral of the story is keep in with the Ex!!!!!

Have you gone for kit or pre-built?

#14 dondo

dondo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:21 AM

Yes is the answer.
Everyone on this forum will know the builder John and his green Monte 13 plate Monte Carlo framed car.
The car starts its journey to day heading to Newcastle and then to Glasgow on Friday.

Edited by dondo, 11 February 2015 - 12:56 PM.

#15 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:21 AM

OOOOOOO, you got a good car there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users