48 replies to this topic

#1 Juniors mini

Juniors mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:21 PM

As some of you may remember I got a 1972 Austin mini as a wedding gift a few weeks back and me being me it could stay standard for long so I have started to strip the interior out to do my install, this is going to be ongoing for a while due to crap weather and lack of daylight hopefully it will be ready for the summer. Below is a list of equipment and stuff going in and placement.

Up front shall be a set of Focal Access A3's, 2" tweeters on the top dash rail at each end, 4" mids in the dash itself and the 6 1/2" mid bass in pods under the lower dash rail, these will be feed passive from a Alpine MRV F340 130wrms x 2.

On the parcel shelf shall be a Alpine Type R 823d in a sealed box feed from a Alpine MRV T420 340wrms x1.

Still in two minds if I need the Alpine Type R 1242d and Alpine MRD 501 550wrms in the boot or not, may be over kill in such a small car.

The two amps shall sit under the rear bench with fans in required, the dash I shall be making from scratch to suit my needs from 19mm MDF, the same for a centre console which will follow on to the rear up the middle of the seats then to meet up with the parcel shelf, in the centre console at the front will be a iPad then under that shall be a stereo, in the centre console after the handbrake and arm rest shall be a power cap then on up to my fused splitters then onto the Sub on the parcel shelf.

I have 0awg from alt to battery (in the boot) with a 150amp fuse at each end, I will then have two 4awg from battery to two of 1x4awg in - 2x8awg out fused splitters. I also have plenty neon/uv braide (seen a nice install over on TA which looked ace) uv Leds and some clear Perspex. Also have a all in one amp and volt meter with a 200amp shunt for in the top dash rail where the ash tray was. Plenty of copper crimps, heat shrink, ferrels, 2x2.5 ofc speaker wire 20mtrs, 2x4.0 ofc wire, positive and negative post to take 0, 4 and 2x8awg wire.

Enough of me rambling on here's what I've done so far...
Attached File  image.jpg   66.11K   38 downloads
Shall make a metal or alloy bracket so it's more secure.
Attached File  image.jpg   74.43K   26 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   74.8K   22 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   70.48K   15 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   80.7K   25 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   97.91K   13 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   68.09K   10 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   79.71K   8 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   78.71K   3 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   71.86K   6 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   69.78K   10 downloads
I have got as far as covering all the wheel arch and side panel and also under the seat and up to the seat holder bar. Was to dark for pics shall post some up tomorrow.

#2 blueturbomini

blueturbomini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

I'm in

#3 Juniors mini

Juniors mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:33 PM

I've not had much time on the car in the last few days, never the less it's getting there. I had brought the bulk pack of SC which wasn't going to be enough so I brought 4x starter packs which has 4x Soundeading, 1x CC and 1x egg shell and still need another 12 sheets. I also brought some more CC sheets 12x6mm for the floor, rear quarters and roof, anyhow here's where iam at the minute. Attached File  image.jpg   106.42K   13 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   82.62K   7 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   87.47K   12 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   82.72K   7 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   103.76K   9 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   86.37K   12 downloads

#4 RooBoonix

RooBoonix

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:44 PM

Looks like you're doing a great job! My mini will have this treatment one day (when I have another so I can take it off the road to gut it)

Keep up the good work!

Cam.

#5 Juniors mini

Juniors mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:45 PM

Over the last few weeks I have been finishing of the cabling side of things like heat shrinking, braiding and crimping. I have it already now to start fitting hopefully next weekend. Here's the speaker and rca cablesAttached File  image.jpg   66.91K   13 downloads Attached File  image.jpg   78.64K   8 downloads And here's the power cables (which just need cutting to suit) Attached File  image.jpg   73.78K   10 downloads Attached File  image.jpg   73.26K   12 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   69.89K   6 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   33.98K   1 downloads

#6 Juniors mini

Juniors mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:31 PM

Had a good couple of hours on it today so I managed to do both front foot wells Attached File  image.jpg   92.07K   20 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   100.81K   12 downloads

Also added to the rear quarters with 10mm CC and 15mm egg box Attached File  image.jpg   53.23K   32 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   78.19K   29 downloads

Then I sealed all the edges with sticker flex to help keep it water tight (which it was before apart from petrol leaking in down the choke) Attached File  image.jpg   83.78K   17 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   78.41K   11 downloads

#7 Ruckus

Ruckus

Ice Ice Baby!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts
  • Local Club: SMOC

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:01 PM

Lovely work, keep it up :)

#8 Juniors mini

Juniors mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:16 PM

Had a result last night I was due back at work on Monday but got a text from my boss to say have Monday off and see me Tuesday, so happy days spent more time on the car. Today I gave the front arches a coat of SC and also gave the back half of the floor pan a layer of 10mm CC, need to order another 12 sheets to finish the front floor and bulk head then ready for the underlay to go down. As usual here's the pics.
Attached File  image.jpg   57.82K   46 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   56.2K   22 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   47.67K   28 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   100.89K   11 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   85.31K   15 downloads

I have not covered the tunnel as I'm going to build a centre console that will run from front to back and up the seat to the parcel shelf.

#9 RemKingston

RemKingston

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:38 PM

Looks really smart so far!

#10 Juniors mini

Juniors mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:15 PM

More done over the last few nights. Finished off adding SC and 10mm CC with aluimilnuim tape over the joints then added a underlay kit which need trimming smaller to suit. So I just need to add some 6mm CC to the bulk head then I'm ready to start with the MDF dash, centre console, sub box and speaker pods.Attached File  image.jpg   93.65K   15 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   62.01K   26 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   61.44K   17 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   61.63K   13 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   61.33K   17 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   64.96K   7 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   69.35K   6 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   65.86K   5 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   72.2K   3 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   67.54K   10 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   76.35K   13 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   67.66K   17 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   67.62K   8 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   63K   9 downloads

While my dash top rail is out I will be recovering it to suit my doorcards which I made from new.
Attached File  image.jpg   56.17K   14 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   54.24K   12 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   67.87K   7 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   68.1K   14 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   53.7K   18 downloads

#11 RooBoonix

RooBoonix

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:21 PM

You know, if you ever get bored. I'm more than happy to unlock my Mini and let you free with some sound deadening in there :P

#12 Juniors mini

Juniors mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:06 PM

You know, if you ever get bored. I'm more than happy to unlock my Mini and let you free with some sound deadening in there :P

Hmmm let me think about that one lol. To be honest it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be doing the whole car, have done just the doors before on other cars I've had and it been a right pita.

#13 bluemini1979

bluemini1979

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Local Club: Colchester Mini Club

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:50 AM

Where did you get the soundproofing from?

#14 Juniors mini

Juniors mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:11 PM

Where did you get the soundproofing from?

I got it through eBay from (www.deadening.co.uk sound deadening shop) as it's cheaper buy through eBay rather than direct from them, don't ask me why it is.

#15 Pidge

Pidge

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Local Club: Not a clue.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:33 PM

Thats an impressive amount of sound proofing, I'll have to add that to my project plan!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users