#1 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:49 AM

Copied from the facebooks.

MISSING: Can members keep an eye out for my mates mini, it went missing over the weekend. The paint work is very distinctive as it has been dusted with glitter and it is very lowered. It was parked in Westbergould in Colchester in Essex and is now missing please text or ring me with any details 07927056232 Elliot Rushen

11148214_1136645343028991_2342433339927811013072_1136645359695656_57635517883895

#2 sledgehammer

sledgehammer

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

on my fb & shared

hope it gets found

#3 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:31 PM

Not another !!! I seen this at l2b aswell. Will keep an eye out

Dan

#4 Gerbil367

Gerbil367

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Local Club: GMOC

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

Hope it's found safe and sound, think I saw it last week at CP too.

#5 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

Not to make light of it and it's still a shame there wasn't a spike hidden in the seat, Maybe the person who has the V5c for the actual car has taken it back for it is not a 1965 grey 850 is it!? yeah yeah maybe its a heritage shell :-D

Regardless of the legalities regarding the 'reshell' I suspect getting an insurance payout is going to be tricky unless they have declared the 'upgrades'?

Edited by CityEPete, 25 May 2015 - 06:28 PM.

#6 Pigeonto

Pigeonto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Local Club: ISMOC

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:13 PM

The poor bugger got engaged earlier that day. Come on, someone knows, have a heart, take it back . I'm watching ebay for  engines.

#7 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,605 posts
  • Local Club: Minimus Maximus

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

Regardless of the legalities regarding the 'reshell' I suspect getting an insurance payout is going to be tricky unless they have declared the 'upgrades'?

Exactly what I thought when I saw it all over FB. I'd be surprised if it is indeed an 850...

#8 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

Not if is never found?

#9 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

What would you get paid out for though? My wife was a claims handler for twelve years,I think she'd want at least one recent photo showing the general condition of the car before making an offer, it's not exactly a mint mk1 is it?! Could be declared with an agreed valuation for all we know but I'd imagine not declaring the colour or engine swap on the V5 is going to go against them, if I put some Cooper s plates on my 1995 Mayfair will they give me £20k if it gets nicked? Not much chance of the police finding a stolen grey mk1 when it's an orange mk5 either is there?

Edited by CityEPete, 26 May 2015 - 05:17 PM.

#10 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:51 PM

my girlfriend showed me this last night on her facebook. hope it gets found and returned in one piece.

Edited by blacktulip, 26 May 2015 - 01:51 PM.

#11 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:49 PM

What would you get paid out for though? My wife was a claims handler for twelve years,I think she'd want at least one recent photo showing the general condition of the car before making an offer, it's not exactly a mint mk1 is it?! Could be declared with an agreed valuation for all we know but I'd imagine not declaring the colour or engine swap on the V5 is going to go against them, if I put some Cooper s plates on my 1995 Mayfair will they give me £20k if it gets nicked? Not much chance of the police finding a stolen grey mk1 when it's an orange mk5 either is there?

Ah, but think of the years worth of road tax that have been saved... I'd kind of put money on once it's found, it's crushed for having the wrong id for the year of shell.

#12 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:03 PM

Irrespective of any legalities, somebody has had their car stolen. None of you would like to be in the same situation so please rather than launching into this guy show a bit of compassion.

#13 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:35 PM

Irrespective of any legalities, somebody has had their car stolen. None of you would like to be in the same situation so please rather than launching into this guy show a bit of compassion.

Hhhmm the problem with this is that once you start playing with vin plates you are getting into a similar area IMO, if no one was prepared to buy a car clearly being driven on an incorrect vin plate there would be less of a market for stealing minis in the first place, as I said before it could be a heritage shell all legit for all I know in this case but in general for me personally I'd like to see these tax free 80s cars off the road. If people have the correct V5 its time to put them back as its doing the classic car world no good.

#14 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:15 PM

Hhhmm the problem with this is that once you start playing with vin plates you are getting into a similar area IMO, if no one was prepared to buy a car clearly being driven on an incorrect vin plate there would be less of a market for stealing minis in the first place, as I said before it could be a heritage shell all legit for all I know in this case but in general for me personally I'd like to see these tax free 80s cars off the road. If people have the correct V5 its time to put them back as its doing the classic car world no good.

Quite a statement to make there, I agree that if a car is running illegally then yes it should not be on the road, however we do not know what the circumstances are with this particular car.

Also was it stolen because it had a early plate?? It could have been taken by chancers as many cars are. Not all are stolen to order. The fact this car does stand out over and above a standard mini would make it more of a target.

At the end of the day this is not a thread about whether the car was running incorrect reg for year etc, it's a thread about somebodys pride and joy that has been stolen.

#15 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:20 PM

Hence why I stated each time that for all I know this particular car could be on a heritage shell, if it is not or was not done before the cut off date for using a used shell it is a ringer, fact. That does not give anyone the right to steal it I agree fully.

The FACT it is registered as a grey 850 has done the owner no favours in my book and wont help the police looking for an orange one, cost of a stamp to declare a colour change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users