#1 72r1mini

72r1mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:00 PM

Hey guys

Lots off good info here but I wasn't able to find the answer to my question. I am the owner of kit 33 and was installed in an unfinished project when I purchased it. I was unhappy with the quality of work and took the car apart and started from scratch.

Currently I am going over the engine and subfame verifying everything is done correctly. So my question is on oil level for the differential. I'd it fill until full? And where is the location of fill and drain plug?

Cheers

Steph

#2 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:53 PM

If I remember rightly - The earlier diffs had the fill location on the offside towards the front of the engine. This was the case on my first diff for kit 29.
My second diff has the fill position still on offside but it's the lower most bolt.
Fill it till it comes back out the hole - don't worry if you think you've overfilled it - the rest will leak out via the gasket between the two casings. ;0)

#3 72r1mini

72r1mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:32 PM

Thanks for the reply, when referring to offside is this the left or right side of the car? I am used to left hand drive cars. From the looks of the diff there is a bolt facing up and down about half way on the side facing the engine on the opposite end of the chain sprocket. Is this it?

#4 72r1mini

72r1mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:53 AM

Just Had another look at the diff. Noticed a plate with 2 small bolts on the cast upper portion opposite to the chain sprocket Is this the fill point?

#5 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:07 PM

Red marker shows bolt for filling diff on later casings
Green marker shows bolt on earlier diffs to fill it up. Was a different bolt - cap head.

PicsArt_12-23-03.54.06_zpsgrex3omt.jpg

#6 72r1mini

72r1mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:29 PM

Much appreciated

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users