9 replies to this topic

#1 TwinWinnie

TwinWinnie

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:28 PM

Any parents with twins out there? Our girls are just about to go up to car seats 4-11 years and I'm struggling with all the new legislation to find seats that aren't daft and massive. Any help would be awesome.

#2 Sheikh Pip

Sheikh Pip

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Local Club: Sutton Coldfield Mini Club

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:11 AM

Are you sure you want to put something as delicate as your offspring into a Mini?

#3 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:40 AM

I've seen minis with two of these large car seats in the back. Not sure how, but I know it's been done.

#4 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:14 AM

we used to have a matching pair of two large seats in the back of the mini no problem, also had one in the front.

struggling to find you a photo as my disc-drive has broke and i cant get onto the old CDs.

it was possible

#5 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:28 AM

these are the seats we used, but i cant find a photo of them in the mini. they would fit but obviously there was no gap between them.

with the seatbelts being static i used to have to set the length of the belt a bit short and then put my knee into the child seat, pushing it down into the mini seat and then clip in the seatbelt. when i released the pressure everything would tighten up.

i don't know how the legislations have changed but looking on the mothercare sight i can see seats that are no bigger that the ones we had.

i may be wrong but i think they were called Maxi something ???

EDIT: JUST FOUND THESE ON THE WEB AND THEY ONLY GO UP TO 4 YEARS. SORRY (MAXI-COSI PRIORI). BUT WE DID HAVE BOOSTER SEATS AFTER THESE WITH NO PROBLEMS... see below

seats_zpsumdxtzxh.jpg

Edited by THE ANORAK, 12 November 2016 - 09:47 AM.

#6 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:46 AM

we had a pink version of these after that with no problems. you could take the back off to leave it as a booster seat for when they got older...

seat%202_zpsjzlgfkjg.jpg

http://www.halfords....ooster-seat-jet

#7 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:06 AM

Any parents with twins out there? Our girls are just about to go up to car seats 4-11 years and I'm struggling with all the new legislation to find seats that aren't daft and massive. Any help would be awesome.

But surely any new legislation which may have made child car seats 'daft and massive' is to afford greater protection to the child in the event of a crash? A child seat in a classic Mini needs to have as much protection for the child as possible as such an old 1950's design has very little inbuilt crash protection.......unlike modern cars and the massive SUV's that are now so popular. with most parents of young children on the school run!

#8 TwinWinnie

TwinWinnie

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:33 PM

Oh I'm hoping you are quoting with at least some experiance of researching car seats? As this is my first post sorry if it wasn't clear but there are many on the market with variying bases that increase the height/width of seats not the safety and cup holders, arm rests all sorts of stuff that's not essential or making seats any safer. I'm hoping some actual parents, even better parents of twins might tell me which brand they are using but of course thanks for responding.

#9 TwinWinnie

TwinWinnie

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:39 PM

we had a pink version of these after that with no problems. you could take the back off to leave it as a booster seat for when they got older...
 seat%202_zpsjzlgfkjg.jpg

http://www.halfords....ooster-seat-jet

Brilliant thanks loads I looked at these last weekend at mothercare thought they would be a win as more slim line than some but we didn't get chance to try them in the car. :)

#10 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:49 PM

actually, with the back seat of the minis being quite flat i found it easier to fit seats in than some of our large family cars.

the only thing that can be a pain is actually getting yourself in there to help the kids buckle up. I often found it best to get the kids in, then drop the front seats down and sit on the front seat "side-saddle" style with your legs out the door and then lean over and help then strap in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users