#1 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

Happy Christmas to all that still frequent the Zcars forum.

I hope to have some more action with my car next year, although I have other projects on the go as well at the minute (Honda S2000 pure track car build and a gravity racer - once my garage is finished in early spring) so time spent with the mini is mainly just driving it currently.

Lets hope BLING BLING WHEELZ, Mallery10 and 26dtp keep going on their builds and regularly update so we can get our fix.

Lets hope 2017 is a good one for everyone, Zcars new owners, drivers and builders alike....enjoy.

#2 Mallery10

Mallery10

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:35 PM

Likewise!!!  Hoping to be a driver as well as a builder soon.  Happy Christmas

#3 Painter man

Painter man

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:17 PM

Yer same to you guys i to hope to be on the road to carnt seam to get any photos on the site though will try harder in the new year hope to meet you guys at a couple of shows in 2017

#4 BLING BLING WHEELZ

BLING BLING WHEELZ

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:07 PM

Hope santa brings you all race car parts

Have a good one. Hope to have a first drive of my car next year cannot wait 👍

#5 26dtp

26dtp

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:14 PM

Merry Christmas! Would be interested in seeing the S2K build, love those cars!

I am moving to new house with double garage  :wub: so mini has been put on hold for couple weeks whilst I move but I do have updates that I need to post and will do soon! Promise!

#6 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:37 AM

I am moving to new house with double garage  :wub: so mini has been put on hold for couple weeks whilst I move but I do have updates that I need to post and will do soon! Promise!

I've been really fortunate to have moved to a house that already had planning for a massive extension to the garage, originally designed to house a 3.5ton steam traction engine, but the old owners broke up and sold. Building began back in May and its still not finished, they say never employ family or friends, well I did both and now regret it.....

Here's a cheesy photo of the new garage, I had to stand in it to give a sense of scale, I'm the best part of 6foot.

IMG_2001_zpsrdivfa3n.jpg

As I'm not getting any younger and my days of scrabbling around on floors are limited I also invested in a set of ramps....

IMG_2220_zpslbfbqllb.jpg

As for the S2000, well its an old sh!tter that's done 214,000miles, it was going too cheap to ignore/let the guy send it to the scrappers so I offered him some cash and became the owners of my first S2000. The motor will get pulled and refreshed. I've got a hard top for it. The body will get stripped back to bare bones to see how bad the corrosion is and then the fun of building will begin. I've invested in a JD2 pipe bending machine so will be able to make my own roll cage. Thinking of going to 245 18's so I can get BTCC slicks & wets cheap, might even go wider in the rear and fit Porsche cup slicks & wets. Going to make fibreglass or carbon fibre panels myself which will then help in the making of the shell for the gravity racer (drawings/models/plans are still secret for that, sorry). Anyhooo, here's what it looks like now:

IMG_1065%20-%20Copy_zpsxfgcafhm.jpg

Once I get a build page going on S2KUK I'll post a link in my signature (if I can figure out how to do it).....

I've got a busy old 2017 ahead of me.

#7 dondo

dondo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:20 PM

Nice shed!!!!
So jealous of your shorts!!!!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all from the man north of the border.

#8 SmallSoldier

SmallSoldier

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:54 PM

Also jealous of that garage! Hope I'll have one soon.

Merry Christmas to all from Salt Lake City, Utah :D

#9 26dtp

26dtp

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:21 PM

I've been really fortunate to have moved to a house that already had planning for a massive extension to the garage, originally designed to house a 3.5ton steam traction engine, but the old owners broke up and sold. Building began back in May and its still not finished, they say never employ family or friends, well I did both and now regret it.....

Here's a cheesy photo of the new garage, I had to stand in it to give a sense of scale, I'm the best part of 6foot.

IMG_2001_zpsrdivfa3n.jpg

As I'm not getting any younger and my days of scrabbling around on floors are limited I also invested in a set of ramps....

IMG_2220_zpslbfbqllb.jpg

As for the S2000, well its an old sh!tter that's done 214,000miles, it was going too cheap to ignore/let the guy send it to the scrappers so I offered him some cash and became the owners of my first S2000. The motor will get pulled and refreshed. I've got a hard top for it. The body will get stripped back to bare bones to see how bad the corrosion is and then the fun of building will begin. I've invested in a JD2 pipe bending machine so will be able to make my own roll cage. Thinking of going to 245 18's so I can get BTCC slicks & wets cheap, might even go wider in the rear and fit Porsche cup slicks & wets. Going to make fibreglass or carbon fibre panels myself which will then help in the making of the shell for the gravity racer (drawings/models/plans are still secret for that, sorry). Anyhooo, here's what it looks like now:

IMG_1065%20-%20Copy_zpsxfgcafhm.jpg

Once I get a build page going on S2KUK I'll post a link in my signature (if I can figure out how to do it).....

I've got a busy old 2017 ahead of me.

Wow very nice (both the garage and the S2K). I look forward to following the build!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users