#1 ace01

ace01

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:31 PM

I know some of you may think it is a little early, but we are already sorting out the trade stands for this year.  The show is on the 11th June. 

Quite a bit of trade has been booked so far, but please be aware that the arrangements for booking have changed this year.  To book a trade stand email [email protected]

An idea of which pitches have been booked can be had by going to the Beaulieu page on www.minicooper.org where there is a stand map.

As we have no record of who was where over the last few years, booking of pitches is on a first come first served basis, so if you are a regular trader book now to avoid losing your regular spot.

I will put more details of the show on here soon.

Thanks.

#2 ace01

ace01

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:22 PM

One feature we are having is "Sawn not Sorn".  This is a small display of sprinted, chopped or channelled minis.  Graham Hendra is organising this and is looking for cars.  If you are interested, please contact him on [email protected] or 07808705550.

#3 ace01

ace01

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

As June approaches, a reminder that the MCR's National Mini Day at Beaulieu is on the 11th June.

As this piece says helpers are needed as are cars for the 'Sawn not sorn' display and also concours entrants.  Anyone interested can email me on the link below or drop me a PM.

This year sees the 50th anniversary of the MK2 Cooper and S.  With this in mind our MK2S Registrar Nick Hunter, and our MK2 Cooper Registrar Graham Robinson are organising a gathering of MK2s for the arena. 

They will be sharing this space with two other displays.  One will feature modified R53 Cooper Ss, now an affordable performance variant of the MINI, and the other entitled “Sawn not sorn” features a line-up of chopped, sprinted and sectioned minis.

As usual there will be the Ex-works cars, register displays, ex-works mechanics and staff from the 60s, noted drivers of the time and much more.

Plenty of trade will be available, as will the Trunk Traders, making Beaulieu the place to be for all those hard to find parts.

Graham Robson, the noted author and expert on rally cars from the 60s will be on hand to provide commentary and interview our guests.

The concours, one of the best; is looking for entries.  The classes have been revised to make entry to the concours more attractive to all those who own a mini and are interested in showing their car.  This is an opportunity to really show off your car and perhaps win a quality trophy for your mantelpiece and some AutoGlym cleaning products.

As usual I am in need of helpers for the car parking.  A free ticket is on offer with meal vouchers for just 2-3 hours work meeting other mini owners.  If you are interested in helping, please email me on [email protected]  

For booking of advance tickets please go to the website www.minicooper.org and use the advance booking link.  Concours, trade and general enquiries can be made from there too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users