1 reply to this topic

#1 TPD1

TPD1

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:08 PM

Hello all, I’ve got the common issue with the sump plug threads starting to strip, I managed to stop it leaking with PTFE tape but I think a helical type insert is the permanent solution. It’s an auto so has a different sump but does anyone know if it’s still a 5/8'' UNC kit I need? I’ve read about lots of people doing it on a manual so wondered if there are any extra points I should be aware of on the auto?

I was going to look if I could remove the front plate to ensure all the swarf is captured or I’ll flush some oil through.       

#2 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:42 PM

Hello all, I’ve got the common issue with the sump plug threads starting to strip, I managed to stop it leaking with PTFE tape but I think a helical type insert is the permanent solution. It’s an auto so has a different sump but does anyone know if it’s still a 5/8'' UNC kit I need? I’ve read about lots of people doing it on a manual so wondered if there are any extra points I should be aware of on the auto?

I was going to look if I could remove the front plate to ensure all the swarf is captured or I’ll flush some oil through.       

Speak to John at Guess Works. He's on here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users