#1 Stretch

Stretch

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:51 PM

Hello,

I'm Stretch, well actually it's Paul but i thought I'd use stretch as its the best way to describe my mini.

I have just purchased a Stretch Mini, apparently the longest in the country at over 16 feet long. It arrived last week and spent its first day in Brighton at the valeters getting a good scrub up.

It is Solar Red with a white roof (black webasto) slightly tinted windows, it has four full size windows down each side. Grey leather interior. The front end was originally a 1996 equinox, 1.3 fuel injected engine it has 13" deep dish alloys on 50 profile rubber.

Big thanks to Faz from Brighton Mini Club who fitted adjustarides, new cones, Spax shocks all round, oh and new vented discs and pads for me yesterday. I keep looking through Mini Magazines and realise i am going to have a long Christmas list this year.

I like a lot of people my age had a few minis when learning to drive and after passing my test. I was responsible for killing seven of them, in succession, one through a hedge, one hit a bridge, one caught fire after i took off the air filter because it sounded cool! Etc.
I am lucky enough now to be able to have one for pleasure and I'm justifying it by saying that will also be going out to work every Friday and Saturday throughout the Summer as a wedding car.

I run a chauffeur company and we are one of only two company's in the UK who run VW new beetle cabriolets as wedding cars but if I'm honest Beetles have never really been my thing, mini's (old and new) have always been my car.

I am going to be launching Stre.....tch on to an unsuspecting Brighton public at "A Grand Wedding Fair" being held at the Grand Hotel on Brighton Seafront on Sunday the 15th of October if you are anywhere near on that day then come and say hello .

Paul

[attachment=19914:attachment] [attachment=19915:attachment] [attachment=19916:attachment]

[attachment=19917:attachment] [attachment=19918:attachment] [attachment=19919:attachment]

#2 minipip

minipip

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • Local Club: TMF SE

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:46 PM

hi welcome to TMF and COOOL!!! can i have a go? that must be sooo hard to drive!

#3 SqUeAkY

SqUeAkY

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:52 PM

Welcome to TMF, nice stretched mini, must have taken some time to build. Looks good though ;D

#4 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:53 PM

;D:D welcome to TMF love the mini, fancy taking me 4 a ride lol.

#5 Hannioli

Hannioli

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts
  • Local Club: E.L.M.O & Essex

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:09 PM

omg wow!!! ;D i so need to get my butt back down to sussex...perhaps i'll go back to seaford for my birthday and pay you a visit in brighton!

oh yeah, welcome! :w00t: absolutely loving the stretch mini...how cool!! totallly awesome indeed!!

#6 millsminis

millsminis

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish Mini Club

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:30 PM

So cool......

How much fun would that be finding a parking space!!!

#7 Barnett

Barnett

Michael Jackson has died...*plop*

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
  • Local Club: the freeeeloader!!

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:03 AM

Great stretch Stretch!!! super mate!!

Would be nice to see her / him going around the nürburgring!!

Get ya name down and maybe you could charge people to do a ring lap!! 20 euros a lap!! youll be loaded after a few hours!! i could see that becoming a cult at the ring!!

Check out our section on this forum!! BH2N

....And of course weeeeeeeellllllccccccccccccoooooommmmmmme!!!!

#8 Bobby9779

Bobby9779

Two carb man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Local Club: H4H Mini's

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:18 AM

I think thats only thee 3rd i've seen in my whole life. Thats great. Welcome.

Can I be the first cheeky one and ask what you paid for her?

I have a friend who wants to do run a similar business down newquay way.

Enjoy the site.

Bob

#9 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 23 September 2006 - 09:33 AM

Hello and welcome to TMF! That car.....its s0o0o0o0o0o COOL!

Edited by Mini 360, 23 September 2006 - 09:34 AM.

#10 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:36 AM

Hello and welcome to TheMiniForum

Enjoy B)

Quality mini!

#11 Stretch

Stretch

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:08 PM

Hi All,

Thanks for the great welcome, I'm glad you like him, i did wonder wether some might see it as cannibalism!
I can't wait to meet up with my local mini club next week it includes a cruise around Brighton. That should be a giggle getting him around the Brighton Lanes.

In answer to a few questions, it is an absolute beast to drive, the rurning circle is somewhere between a canal barge and the Exxon Valdez. I just hope it doesn't use as much oil as the Exxon.

Parking needs weeks of planning and multi stories aren't even worth thinking about!

And Bobby9779, i wont embarrass myself with what i paid for it and if your friend really wants a to do something similar down in new quay then get them to get in touch as i have at least three queries per month for the Devon/Cornwall area.

Cheers

Paul

#12 Feeble

Feeble

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:22 PM

Oh wow! I love it! :gimme: Wouldn't really be any good as a daily driver though eh? :gimme:

Welcome to the forum! :gimme:

#13 MinipixMatthew

MinipixMatthew

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Local Club: Colchester Mini Club

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:47 PM

Nice! I've actually booked a white Mini limo for my wedding, which is next summer, don't think it's quite as long as yours though. On the other hand, I'm not sure the red would go too well with the light blue colour scheme we've got...

Still, always nice to know there are Mini limos around, you never know when they're gonna come in useful for something!

#14 Stretch

Stretch

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:19 PM

Nice! I've actually booked a white Mini limo for my wedding, which is next summer, don't think it's quite as long as yours though. On the other hand, I'm not sure the red would go too well with the light blue colour scheme we've got...

Still, always nice to know there are Mini limos around, you never know when they're gonna come in useful for something!

Oh V.Cool, a white Stretch!! I was offered a choice of colour when i bought mine and did think of white as it would be the easiest colour to take bookings with but this was more of a heart ruling head decision and i wanted a Red One!!! lol

Who are you getting your limo through? Global or Dereks? There is a company in essex with a light blue one as well i think they're called KK wedding cars. Dont want to put ideas in your head but have you thought, red, white and blue!!! lol

When is your wedding next year? The most popular date for next year is the seventh of July as it's 07/07/07 i'm sure it is just so that the husbands are able to remember their anniversary in years to come.

We have seven cars at present and every one is already fully booked for 07/07/07 already.

#15 MinipixMatthew

MinipixMatthew

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Local Club: Colchester Mini Club

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:29 PM

Actually the stretch Mini I'm using isn't a regularly used vehicle, I saw pics of it on a web site and had to ask the guy very nicely if we could book it - seems he has a day job that doesn't involve driving a Mini around all the time (that would be such a cool job...), so booking the car for the wedding was a bit of a one-off.

Red white and blue would have been fun!! Not sure our budget would stretch (ahem) that far though. I have seen someone offering an Italian Job experience though, where you can book three normal red white and blue Minis for stuff - that would have been cool too, but my fiance wasn't too sure about getting in and out of a normal Mini! It's hard enough at the best of times, but if you've got a wedding dress on as well, you really need the extra room!

I do like your red Mini limo though, it's kinda unique. Most limos tend to be either black or white, so having a red one will really make it stand out from the crowd, even more so than because it's a Mini!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users