Photo
- - - - -

Advice Please :) Storing In A Tent Garage?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jessieharlin87

jessieharlin87

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

Hello,

Im needing to store my mini and not sure if a tent garage will do the job nicely?

Ive taken it off the road as the gearbox is buggered, so I want to store the mini and when it eventually gets fixed, keep it stored and just start it up every week to keep it alive.

Does anyone have experience of something like this? https://m.dancoversh...-pvc-green.aspx
Did it help keep the mini in good condition?

Any advice very much appreciated,

Thanks, Jess

#2 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:50 PM

Have you seen these

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co....119.m1438.l2649

Not used one but I was toying with the idea of getting one.

#3 whistler

whistler

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:06 PM

Just ordered the Dancover one less than 10 minutes ago so we'll see. Was going to buy the folding one as above but not enough room for my Clubman as it's 3 inches longer and the bonnet front is taller.

#4 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:27 AM

Whatever you store it in, it will either need to be breathable or have adequate ventilation. Otherwise you'll find you'll begin to get moisture build up around the car = rust.

#5 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:24 AM

I've used one of these over winter with the fan kit fitted. Not the cheapest on the market but it worked very well and I was surprised how dry it kept the car. http://www.hamiltonc...g/info_AP2.html

#6 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:01 PM

Just ordered the Dancover one less than 10 minutes ago so we'll see. Was going to buy the folding one as above but not enough room for my Clubman as it's 3 inches longer and the bonnet front is taller.

I was looking at purchasing the folding cover for my Mini GT to replace my existing cover, could you let me know how you established that it is not suitable for a Mini Clubman as the dimensions given seem to be OK

i.e Mini Clubman Saloon length = 124.62 inches (Cover length 135 inches)

#7 whistler

whistler

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:31 PM

I was looking at purchasing the folding cover for my Mini GT to replace my existing cover, could you let me know how you established that it is not suitable for a Mini Clubman as the dimensions given seem to be OK

i.e Mini Clubman Saloon length = 124.62 inches (Cover length 135 inches)

I asked the question on the Classic FB page and a member said that it was a tight fit for his roundnose so maybe the clubman wouldn't fit as it's longer and the bonnet is higher. The seller on ebay couldn't say either way so I decided to opt for the dancover one. I have actually cancelled the Dancover one this morning as I felt it was too tall (8') for where I wanted to erect it so now I'm back to square one.

#8 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:23 PM

I asked the question on the Classic FB page and a member said that it was a tight fit for his roundnose so maybe the clubman wouldn't fit as it's longer and the bonnet is higher. The seller on ebay couldn't say either way so I decided to opt for the dancover one. I have actually cancelled the Dancover one this morning as I felt it was too tall (8') for where I wanted to erect it so now I'm back to square one.

Thanks for the background, it's a shame that the advertiser couldn't confirm whether it would fit a Clubman.

#9 whistler

whistler

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the background, it's a shame that the advertiser couldn't confirm whether it would fit a Clubman.

I agree and I couldn't find any that were slightly larger. Think they're missing out on a big market.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users