WiredbyWilson

WiredByWilson

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Local Club: WiredByWilson

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

Happy 2018 to all members,

I thought it was about time I gave you all an update on all of my products and to remind TMF+ members of the discount they are entitled to.

All products come with full installation instructions and 24/7 support (within reason as we all need to sleep).

New Products for 2018

Round Rocker Switch Conversion Kits - from £60 and fully plug and play, compatible with all ages of mini. Laser etched DSN panels are an additional £45 in a design of your choice.

Black LED Toggle Switch Kits - from £90 and fully plug and play, compatible with all ages of mini. Laser etched DSN panels are an additional £45 in a design of your choice.

Electronic Ignition Module Wiring - £20. This kit includes connections for both types of module so you don't have to butcher any wiring if you swap the modules.

Starter Button Kits - from £45 including billet Savage Start button, Relay and all wiring required. Cheaper switches available to reduce kit price.

LED Interior Bulb Kits - Price to be confirmed

Products already available:

Interior:

Centre dial conversions - from £35 and ability to customise for additional gauges and personal choice

Toggle Switch Conversion Kits - from £85 and fully plug and play, compatible with all ages of mini. Laser etched DSN panels are an additional £45 in a design of your choice.

Savage Switch Conversion Kits - from £175 and fully plug and play, compatible with all ages of mini (DSN panels are available for an additional £40)

Power Outlet Kits - from £30 for 12v and twin USB - direct plug and play kits (£5 rebate on exchange of switch panel mounting)

Exterior:

Headlight V3 non failure kit - £85 (complete replacement of headlight wiring with relays and fuses to give significant improvements on brightness as well as safety)

Fusebox Conversions from glass to Blade from £28 - 4/6/8 way kits available to allow addition of radios, power outlets etc

Inline replacement fusebox conversions, DIY style from £20 (all terminals and covers supplied for a factory look)

Charging upgrade wiring - £25/£30 improves alternator supply to mains cabling to improve and stabilise charging

Engine Management:

MegaJolt Kits - from a loom to a full blown kit, contact us for details

Other:

Bespoke wiring / Onsite visits - please contact us here or on [email protected] where we are happy to discuss needs and offer free advice.

Also please view our website at http://www.wiredbywilson.co.uk or visit us on Facebook https://www.facebook...wiredbywilson2/ to see photos of the things I make and to see hat I've been up to that keeps me from spending too much time on here!

Many thanks

David

Edited by WiredbyWilson, 08 June 2018 - 12:45 PM.

#2 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

David, are you any further with the switch illumination kits like the old Moss ones?

#3 WiredbyWilson

WiredbyWilson

WiredByWilson

• Traders
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:08 AM

David, are you any further with the switch illumination kits like the old Moss ones?

Hi Steve.

I assume you mean the standard switch illumination setup similar to what minispares list?

to be honest I didn't go any further with the development as the response was, well, there wasn't a market response as people just said minispares and wood and pickett already do the kit.

So I focused on different solutions that were upgrades and at a comparable price.

But I would happily look into it if it is something you're after.

Thanks

David

#4 warning634

warning634

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

Having used Wired by Wilson a few times, I can totally recommend his products, outstanding workmanship with great products.

#5 Mini Manannán

Mini Manannán

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:42 AM

Hi David, I'm interested in the toggle switch setup.  Can you confirm that the switches light up when you put the lights/parking light on?

Also, can I get a DSN switch with only the choke hole?  I don't use the heater control at all.

#6 paulk 7364

paulk 7364

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

The interior led light kit how much please
Its for a 1991 studio 2
Thanks

#7 WiredbyWilson

WiredbyWilson

WiredByWilson

• Traders
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:06 PM

Hi David, I'm interested in the toggle switch setup.  Can you confirm that the switches light up when you put the lights/parking light on?

Also, can I get a DSN switch with only the choke hole?  I don't use the heater control at all.

Hi MiniMannan

Apologies I haven't been receiving notifications of replies to this thread.

​The led toggle kits do not all illuminate with sidelights I am afraid - only the savage switch kits are able to have dual illumination. The LED kits are similar to the original in that they only light up when switched on.

As for the DSN panel without a heater hole - it is doable but I would need to confirm a price with DSN to produce it. The other issue is the panel is held in using that hole to fix the mounting bracket to the panel.

​Many thanks

​David

#8 WiredbyWilson

WiredbyWilson

WiredByWilson

• Traders
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:07 PM

The interior led light kit how much please
Its for a 1991 studio 2
Thanks

Replied via PM :)

#9 Clubbyclub

Clubbyclub

Starting My Mini Up

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:06 PM

Hi David. I’m interested in a fuse box upgrade and stereo harness

#10 WiredbyWilson

WiredbyWilson

WiredByWilson

• Traders
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:34 PM

Hi David. I’m interested in a fuse box upgrade and stereo harness

Replied by pm.

#11 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,929 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:52 PM

finally got around to wiring up the switches i got off you last year. does the job perfectly.

#12 WiredbyWilson

WiredbyWilson

WiredByWilson

• Traders
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:42 PM

finally got around to wiring up the switches i got off you last year. does the job perfectly.

Always good to hear they are working as intended - was there much dust on them lol?

#13 Mini Manannán

Mini Manannán

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:15 PM

Dave, I'll be buying a set of Savage switches form you soon, just one more question: are they take-apart-able (what is that word??) ?  I have anodising facilities here so I'd like to 'customise' them for my new dashboard.

#14 WiredbyWilson

WiredbyWilson

WiredByWilson

• Traders
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 05:27 PM

Dave, I'll be buying a set of Savage switches form you soon, just one more question: are they take-apart-able (what is that word??) ?  I have anodising facilities here so I'd like to 'customise' them for my new dashboard.

You can take them apart but the legends are plastic with thin metal emblems bonded on. So try to separate them at your own risk

#15 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,703 posts
  • Local Club: The mini forum - i live here

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:27 AM

Wilson, do you do complete full engine looms? After a replacement loom for a Mini Lamm Convertible.. with front fog lights and spots.. with an extra feed for the stereo and 4 speakers. Likely with your modern look fuse block.

Something you can help with?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users