Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:45 PM

Found this online...

https://www.britishm...rations-in-2019

The British Motor Museum's National Metro & Mini Show is delighted to announce its 2019 plans to celebrate the iconic Mini's 60th Anniversary. The show will move from its normal June slot to Sunday 4 August 2019 in what promises to be an action packed show for all Mini & Metro enthusiasts.

The show will be supported by various Mini clubs including the 59 Resister, the Mini Traveller and Countryman Register and the Cooper Sport 500 Register. Plans are also coming together for a Guinness Book of Records attempt on the Saturday before the show to create the longest line of Mini's ever seen

#2 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,776 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:03 AM

Museum celebrates 60 years of the iconic Mini!

The British Motor Museum will celebrate 60 years of the iconic British Mini with a number of special events throughout the year. Starting with three weeks of 'Mini Madness' family activities during the Easter school holidays followed by two special events in August.

On Saturday 3 August there will be an attempt to set a new Guinness World Record for the largest Mini Mosaic (quantity of cars spelling a word). Organisers are looking for over 600 classic Mini's and variants to spell out the phrase 'Mini 60'. Filming of the attempt will be taken from the air providing evidence which will then be submitted in pursuit of a new World Record. Eligible vehicles, which must be produced between 1959 and 2000, can include the Clubman, Clubman Estate, Countryman and Cooper range along with more obscure models like the Marcos, Moke, Scamp, Wild Goose, Riley Elf and Wolseley Hornet. Entry is just £7 and tickets can be bought online.

The National Metro & Mini Show, a one day show dedicated to both iconic marques will take place the following day, Sunday 4 August, the weekend before the International Mini Meet, allowing international visitors and enthusiasts to join in with a week of Mini celebrations. Hundreds of these popular British cars will be on display including '621 AOK', the first Mini produced in 1959 and ‘X411 JOP’ the last ever classic Mini to be produced at Longbridge in 2000, along with '33 EJB', 'AJB 44B' and 'LBL 6D' the Monte Carlo Rally winning Mini's of 1964, 1965 and 1967. With 2019 also marking the 25th anniversary of Rover's 100, visitors can also see the last Rover 100 produced. This was signed by almost 1200 people involved in the Metro production and is on display in the Museum. Owners of Rover 100s can enter their vehicle free of charge - to claim this offer simply download a vehicle entry booking form from the website.

Tom Caren, Show Manager at the British Motor Museum said "As the British Motor Museum is home to the first and last classic Mini’s it is only fitting for us to host several events to celebrate the milestone anniversary of this iconic car. We welcome owners of all classic Minis, even Mini vans and pick-up's, to be part of setting a new Guinness World Record - a fitting tribute to one of Britain's most popular little cars".

Entry into the World Record attempt is just £7 per vehicle which also includes entry to the Museum and the National Metro & Mini Show for the driver and one passenger on both days. Tickets are required for each additional passenger which can also be purchased online - click here. When purchasing your tickets please remember to tick the appropriate box to say you wish to take part in the World Record attempt. 

Visitor tickets and vehicles entry for the National Metro & Mini Show is also available online - click here and are discounted in advance. If you enter your vehicle before the 31 May you will be in with a chance of winning a Laser Tools 6 Draw Top Chest worth over £400. Visitors to both events will also be able to explore over 300 of the Museum’s historic British vehicles which date from the 1900’s to the present day. Camping will also be available for the weekend. Please note that Annual Passes are not valid on Sunday 4 August.

https://www.britishm...the-iconic-mini

Edited by mab01uk, 27 January 2019 - 10:31 AM.

#3 Dandyer1995

Dandyer1995

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:19 AM

Will be definitely going to this. We ended up buying our mini after seeing it for sale last year at this show so will be nice to take it back

#4 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:49 PM

I'd be up for that! Is the forum doing a stand?

#5 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:24 PM

Just wanted to bring this up again, is the forum going to have a stand this year?

#6 Recogniseman

Recogniseman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:08 PM

I’ll be trying to go to this too. I went in 2017 and found it to be a good show.

#7 NikOett

NikOett

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:18 AM

Just received an email about this - the world record attempt will be cancelled as there were only 200 Minis signed up compared to the 600 needed

#8 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:35 PM

Just received an email about this - the world record attempt will be cancelled as there were only 200 Minis signed up compared to the 600 needed

Yeh, same. It's a pity as it would have been a good gathering! It wasn't well advertised, though.

#9 NikOett

NikOett

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 05:04 PM

Who will be going? I'm going to be there for the first time, so maybe see some of you there

#10 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:26 PM

I'll be there, weather dependant.

#11 Ade-Cooper

Ade-Cooper

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:13 PM

Can you buy entry at the gate folks? If so what’s the price if anyone knows (too late to pre book)

#12 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:27 PM

Can you buy entry at the gate folks? If so what’s the price if anyone knows (too late to pre book)

On the gate prises, Adult £18, Child £10, under 5's free.

Although £36 for 2 Adults, fuel and food is too much for me so i won't be going.

#13 Ade-Cooper

Ade-Cooper

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:53 AM

Although £36 for 2 Adults, fuel and food is too much for me so i won't be going.

Seriously? I thought it was something like £9 pre order per car so theory would be around £12......

#14 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:25 AM

Seriously? I thought it was something like £9 pre order per car so theory would be around £12......

I have looked at the ticket website and it seems there are 2 options

1 - Vehicle ticket at £7 admits driver & passenger
2 - Children 5 - 16 £9 in advance or £10 on the day

Can't believe that on the gate would be much more, if at all. Weather is supposed to be dry up until 4pm ish. So plenty enough time to have a perusal.

#15 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 03 August 2019 - 07:33 AM

I have looked at the ticket website and it seems there are 2 options

1 - Vehicle ticket at £7 admits driver & passenger
2 - Children 5 - 16 £9 in advance or £10 on the day

Can't believe that on the gate would be much more, if at all. Weather is supposed to be dry up until 4pm ish. So plenty enough time to have a perusal.
If your getting tickets on the gate they are £18 per adult
The prices above were for pre booked tickets only, all info on the website
https://www.britishm...o-and-mini-show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users