#1 Deanocurls

Deanocurls

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Local Club: Non

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:32 AM

I read on here when not a member that someone had the answer to the above question and was going to attempt to put up a drawing with a wiring diagram etc. I can’t find it so was hoping someone could help me out.

cheers from New Zealand.

1981 Morris mini.

#2 Icey

Icey

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:28 AM

I've done it with two relays mimicking the switch. One is a standard SPNC (connecting the indicator relay to the stalk feed) the other is a Double Contact/Double Output relay (like this one) attached to the left/right circuits.

The general working is that in normal conditions, the SPNC connects the indicator relay output to the stalk. When the hazard button is pressed, both relays are activated, disconnecting the indicator relay and connecting both left and right indicator circuits to the hazard relay.

This can be dropped into a standard loom without much cutting/joining. All you have to do is source an ignition switch +ve connection for the switch/relay coils.

#3 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,845 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:35 PM

I have done it with a Relay, similar to how Icey did his, only I used an Industrial type 3 Pole Relay.

Not sure what sort of button, if any, you have in mind, however, Hella have these;-

L2wmXMk.jpg

and though their service these days is quite 'dodgy', CBS have a few to pick from too;-

https://www.carbuild...hazard-switches

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users