#1 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,776 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:45 PM

"MCR has announced that 'The National Mini Day' at Beaulieu has been postponed from 14th June to Sunday 16th August 2020. All advanced e-tickets will be valid for the changed date. It is hoped it will be one of the first Mini shows after the lockdown."

https://www.minicoop...ay-at-beaulieu/

Edited by mab01uk, 26 March 2020 - 08:46 PM.

#2 Stevie W

Stevie W

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Local Club: P&SMOC

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:56 PM

Thanks Mab,

I was wondering what was going to happen with the Cooper day at Beaulieu, now I know!

Plenty of extra fettling, tuning and polishing time!!

Cheers, Steve.

#3 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 03:46 PM

Germany is saying they will be unlikely to allow public events with large gatherings of people before the end of August at the earliest (where social distancing cannot easily be enforced and probably long after that unless a vaccine or therapy is available by then) so as we seem to be in a worse lockdown position with the virus than Germany, I personally can't see any large UK Mini events happening much before the end of this year?

Edited by mab01uk, 16 April 2020 - 03:47 PM.

#4 Stevie W

Stevie W

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Local Club: P&SMOC

Posted 16 April 2020 - 05:22 PM

Quite agree, we cannot afford to relax the rules on large gatherings. Might be best not to hold any of the planned shows this year.

#5 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 09:51 AM

NATIONAL MINI DAY CANCELLED

MCR Chairman Robert Young has announced today that, in the light of continuing measures to combat Covid-19, the club's flagship event, expected to attract 3,000 people, has been cancelled.

Plans will now be made to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Mini Cooper in 2021.

“I know that the decision will come as a huge disappointment, but probably as no surprise” said Robert.

“It was with heavy hearts that organiser Tony Salter and I have reluctantly decided that we have to abandon our rescheduled National Mini Day at Beaulieu. When we first revised the date to 16 August in early March as the lockdown restrictions came into place, we were both positive that we would be clear of Covid-19 and things would have returned to normal.”

“Sadly, that proved not to be the case and, with social distancing at 2 metres still in place, clearly to run the event would be impractical. Even if social distancing was reduced to 1m, we do not see how the event could run.”

“We do appreciate that our National Mini Day is still just over two months away, but felt it correct to abandon now rather than delay in the faint hope things will radically change in that time. We owe it to our members and supporters to give them as much notice as possible.”

https://www.facebook...2749739564/?d=n

Edited by mab01uk, 20 June 2020 - 09:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users