6 replies to this topic

#1 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 10:43 PM

On this video i bought a high temperature paint to make my rc40 look like is ceramic coated . The colour is white matte with code N352. It's the closest i could get to see like an actual ceramic coat. 
I have the cheap RC40  rear box so i was thrilled by the mk1 min withi number 64 on the doors and yorkshire bank decals and i did the same. 

#2 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 06:21 PM

Maniflow Manifold  reinforcement. Those headers have the trend to brake when accelerating or de-accelerating hard so this is how you reinforce them. I used a spare 12g940 head to keep the headers steady from the heat 

Edited by xydte, 13 April 2020 - 06:21 PM.

#3 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 09:52 PM

Part 3 Polishing the minispares inlet manifold.

#4 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 04:01 PM

On the car everything Set.
Valve seals are gone. Piston Rings are ok. 998 kent cam 266, Maniflow Manifold and Minispares alloy Inlet Manifold. This is the exhaust in which i did the Ceramic Paint, and i smoother the inlet manifold. Differences are minimum compare to a stock inlet manifold. On lower rpm the car pulls better now, but i was expecting bigger noise. So you need a higher hp engine for that or if you are staying stock you need the bigger rc40 with 2.25 tubes. Heard one with lcb manifold and 1275 engine was louder for sure.

#5 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 10:33 PM

Full 8 minute video of how the rc40 single box sounds onboard. At 1:17 the guy with the blue/black smart things i am challenging him and starts accelerating for no reason hahaha

#6 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,777 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 09 May 2020 - 10:02 AM

You might also be interested in this article by David Vizard on the RC40:-

http://www.theminifo...e-david-vizard/

#7 mini13

mini13

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 12:36 PM

Yeah, the inlet manifolds are left rough on purpose, this is so prevent fuel pooling, bu all means lean the casting up a bit, but you should be aiming for no finer than a ground surface finish definatly not polished.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users