22 replies to this topic

#16 leepol83

leepol83

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 01:31 PM

Got these Heko ones £29.01 including delivery 48 hoursfrom ordering.
Fitted easily.
I'll let you know how they perform.

https://www.ebay.co....353.m2749.l2649

They look really good, did you put them in the canel the glass runs in or between rubber and metal door frame ?

#17 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 01:32 PM

Fitted easily.

Yes do. I've spotted these and am thinking about a set for my Elf once she's finished. The Climair ones on my Sidewalk have cracked too, so it may be worth trying a different brand. The look identical though.

#18 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:20 PM

Fitted easily.

Please....keep us in the loop QM. Will be good to know of an alternative at a better price ?

#19 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:28 PM

They look really good, did you put them in the canel the glass runs in or between rubber and metal door frame ?

They fit in the window channel as per their instructions.

I'm supposed to give them 24 hours to settle, so I'll give them a good try out, tomorrow, weather permitting.

Attached Files

Edited by Quinlan minor, 23 June 2020 - 04:13 PM.

#20 leepol83

leepol83

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:09 PM

They fit in the window channel as per their instructions. I'm supposed to give them 24 hours to settle, so I'll give them a good try out, tomorrow, weather permitting.

????

#21 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:18 AM

Okay, here goes:

Took it out, this morning, for a test drive.

Only positive things to report, really.

With window openings (mainly driver's window, but checked with both) up to 115mm/4.5": The annoying side gusts on head and face are eliminated. Wind noise is significantly less, even up to Motorway speeds it remains conversationally quiet, which is an improvement.

So the 'four passenger in a rain shower steamed windscreen' clearing ought to be a doddle in comparison.

Harder to nail, and obviously all of this is subjective, but it seemed that the wind noise, at high speed, with the windows closed was also reduced.

I know that, on my Alfa which had deflectors fitted as standard, when removed, at high speed you can see the top of the door lifting away from the seal at high speed.

If I have to include a niggle, the two metal clips which secure the deflector seem to be a touch bigger than they need to be, but that's probably more to do with my hyper-fussy nature.

Four and a half stars from me.

Any further developments and, when I get a chance, photographs (they're not the easiest things to shoot, of these) will follow.

Edited by Quinlan minor, 12 June 2020 - 09:20 AM.

#22 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:46 PM

Okay, here goes:

Took it out, this morning, for a test drive.
Only positive things to report, really.
With window openings (mainly driver's window, but checked with both) up to 115mm/4.5": The annoying side gusts on head and face are eliminated. Wind noise is significantly less, even up to Motorway speeds it remains conversationally quiet, which is an improvement.
So the 'four passenger in a rain shower steamed windscreen' clearing ought to be a doddle in comparison.
Harder to nail, and obviously all of this is subjective, but it seemed that the wind noise, at high speed, with the windows closed was also reduced.
I know that, on my Alfa which had deflectors fitted as standard, when removed, at high speed you can see the top of the door lifting away from the seal at high speed.
If I have to include a niggle, the two metal clips which secure the deflector seem to be a touch bigger than they need to be, but that's probably more to do with my hyper-fussy nature.

Four and a half stars from me.

Any further developments and, when I get a chance, photographs (they're not the easiest things to shoot, of these) will follow.

Thanks for the update QM ???

I was under the impression that if fitted between the frame and rubber the windows are hard to do up and so to fit in the channel with the rubber already in-situ...if I do get some then I'll experiment before fixing in place on a permanent basis.

Thanks again for the update ?

#23 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 06:39 PM

Photographs are clearer under grey skies.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users