#1 whee

whee

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:49 PM

Hello,

The Minis of the Rockies is getting bored of an event-less summer. We'd like to invite another Mini club to join us for a happy hour via Zoom. In order to keep it manageable, we're looking for a club of similar size. We'd anticipate 8-12 Minis of the Rockies attendees (most of our membership). If you represent a Mini club and are interested, please contact me and we can work on the logistics. Minis of the Rockies is about 90% classic Minis owners.

#2 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,372 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 08 July 2020 - 04:54 PM

Any details of what you'd actually be doing? Timing is another issue, you're bang in the middle of our main populations (UK & Oz).

#3 whee

whee

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 05:25 PM

Any details of what you'd actually be doing? Timing is another issue, you're bang in the middle of our main populations (UK & Oz).

Would figure out details with the other Mini club representative, but I'm thinking nice and simple. It will depend on the # of attendees too. A quick explanation of who each club is and where located etc. from the designated  club representative.  If at 20 attendees or less, a brief introduction from each person of them and their car. Maybe a short Mini quiz through Kahoot.  That will fill up an hour. If more attendees, would have to be more "presentation" mode with designated speakers versus discussion based.

As far as timing, if UK it would need to be done morning USA time/afternoon UK time. If OZ, would need to be done afternoon USA time morning Oz time.

Edited by whee, 08 July 2020 - 05:26 PM.

#4 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,372 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:01 AM

Ok, I suppose I was asking if you expected people's cars to be involved.  I don't see why people need to be in clubs if they're joining in individually, I'd think it'd be easier to get people to sign up too.

You could ask again, start a discussion on the options. See who's willing to contribute to a seminar format. We have a few members who run Mini related businesses & others in to motorsport or just working on projects other may be interested in.

#5 whee

whee

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 06:26 AM

Ok, I suppose I was asking if you expected people's cars to be involved.  I don't see why people need to be in clubs if they're joining in individually, I'd think it'd be easier to get people to sign up too.

You could ask again, start a discussion on the options. See who's willing to contribute to a seminar format. We have a few members who run Mini related businesses & others in to motorsport or just working on projects other may be interested in.

I wanted to try club to club first, simply because it's less to co-ordinate. If no interest, yes might try an individual approach. Thanks for the feedback!

#6 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,372 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 07:35 AM

I'm sure we'd be more than happy for TMF to be used as a discussion platform.

Club to club is bound to lead to discussions within each participating club anyway, you can have a commonly shared space on this forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users