pr3nna88

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Local Club: robin hood mini club notts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 01:29 PM

Hello,

I have seen some posts dating back to 2010 but i know child seat laws change often...

My lads 2 and he loves the mini but has never been in it yet, is there an upgrade for the static belts to fit inertia using the existing holes?

I've rang Minispares and Minisport and got no joy, i was told it is possible with belts they sell but only with a lot of modification.

I can do it all myself but I've only just got my car finished and in paint so don't really want to be tearing it apart again, unless i have too.

Minispares sell parcel shelf mounted belts and supply a small square piece to add in for bolting, how much more strengthening does it need? 

Thanks in advance!

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,899 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 21 August 2020 - 01:51 PM

Seatbelt law has not really changed. But it is year dependent. Why do you want to change from static to inertia?

Having either type or even none does not affect the legality of taking your boy in the Mini.

#3 pr3nna88

pr3nna88

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Local Club: robin hood mini club notts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 02:00 PM

my lads car seat is a big Joie one and its really awkward to fit in a 5 door daily with inertia belts. 

but then again if the statics do hold well enough it will still be the safest seat in the mini haha  :lol:

I cant wait to take him out in it.

I've just realised I've posted this in the wrong section too  :shy:

#4 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 21 August 2020 - 06:29 PM

My grandchildren have Joie seats and static belts fitted OK.The problem was putting the child in rear facing position.Now they are 3and 5 forward facing is OK.I am aware of the crashworthyness of classic cars.Steve..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users