18 replies to this topic

#1 leepol83

leepol83

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 07:05 PM

Hi chaps the pride and joy is almost finished now and I need to stop the low life’s from taking it or make it as hard as I can for them, I’ve a number of things in place which I won’t share on here ? I’m looking at a disk lock For the steering wheel on the bay but not sure it’ll fit l, I’ve a mpi steering wheel with the air bag fitted anyone got the small disklock fitted upto 39” it says ?
Thanks all

#2 Tones61

Tones61

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 08:04 PM

Hi mate,I use a disklok on my mpi,size small is fine,also the same on my t5.1 camper

#3 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 08:09 PM

Hi mate,I use a disklok on my mpi,size small is fine,also the same on my t5.1 camper

Brilliant thank you for that mate most appreciated ??

#4 G'Racy

G'Racy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:15 PM

I notice on here a separate post and link to an Autoexpress test, they recommend the Stoplock over the Disklok courtesy of its price and being more user friendly, the Disklok having edge on security but heavy and awkward.
I’m thinking of purchasing one of these products and I’d be interested to hear from owners of either product there opinions on them?

#5 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:31 PM

I've used Stolocks for a while. I find it easy to use and not had a car nicked yet touch wood.

#6 Richard e

Richard e

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:35 PM

I got the stop lock pro which fits easy and seems to defeat thieves trying to get it off via the lock. It would be quite easy to cut the steering wheel to get it off though. The disk lock is therefore better, but the extra effort to put it on means I know I won't always bother... also got a tracker from Automatrics MTrack recommended by others on this forum.

#7 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 03:04 PM

I've got diskloks on all our cars, and they've pervented at least one theft even though the rats had the key (They were struggling to get the key in the disklok and I was out the door chasing them down before they managed).  Personally I wouldn't be choosing a device based on the fact it's a few pound cheaper, protection is everything here.  I can't comment on a stoplock as I've never used one but a disklok will take some getting off if you haven't got the key.  I can't recall what size I have on my 14" & 15.75 wheels if I'm honest.

Edited by humph, 15 January 2021 - 03:05 PM.

#8 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 05:06 PM

+1 for stoplock pro, disklok too bulky

Edited by beardylondon, 15 January 2021 - 05:06 PM.

#9 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 05:17 PM

I have the disklok and it is bulky and awkward to fit, but it does the job. I think both serve there purpose of being a visible deterrent and add another hurdle to delay/deter a thief

#10 G'Racy

G'Racy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:59 PM

I can see there’s different sizes for the Disklok, what about the Stoplock is it one size fits all?

#11 doug.themini

doug.themini

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 05:59 PM

I used a Stoplock Original for the last few months but noticed it started to bite the leather on the Steering wheel so I need to change it.

I've tried a few generic ones from ebay/amazon and haven't been impressed with quality.

Therefore I'll be following the advice and trying the Stoplock Pro (can get from Amazon used like new for £32)

#12 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 09:29 PM

I use a disklok on other vehicles and can’t say they’re awkward to fit at all so those comments intrigue me!

Put it over the wheel, drop the arm and push the lock in - it’s a 5 second process.

I do agree storing it when not in use is a right PITA as it slides around on the floor or other seat. Security wise it’s top notch though.

#13 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 10:48 AM

I use a disklok on other vehicles and can’t say they’re awkward to fit at all so those comments intrigue me!
Put it over the wheel, drop the arm and push the lock in - it’s a 5 second process.

I do agree storing it when not in use is a right PITA as it slides around on the floor or other seat. Security wise it’s top notch though.

I know what JXC is talking about. The Diskloc is bulky inside a mini, sat in the driver's seat trying to fit it around th steering wheel with the pitch of the windscreen. Saying that though it still only takes a minute to fit and I wouldn't be without mine.

#14 panky

panky

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 15 January 2022 - 10:54 AM

I use Discloks on my mini and campers and although they are a bit heavy that comes with the solid construction. The only thing I don't like is the scuffing it's caused on the back of my Mini's leather steering wheel rim, I drape a piece of toweling over the wheel before the disclok goes on now.

#15 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 15 January 2022 - 11:30 AM

I use Discloks on my mini and campers and although they are a bit heavy that comes with the solid construction. The only thing I don't like is the scuffing it's caused on the back of my Mini's leather steering wheel rim, I drape a piece of toweling over the wheel before the disclok goes on now.

That would be my point too. They mark the MPi wheel quite badly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users