• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nuno

Nuno
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 10:01 PM

Hello there

I am Nuno from Portugal and I have just purchased a Morris Mini Cooper MKII with first register in January 1968.

It was a old dream and I finally had the opportunity to buy one. I search for the correct car for some time, but there was always something wrong in the cars I have seen. 

I have paid a bit more than I was planning for this, but they aren't getting cheaper and it's getting difficult to find one without an insane price tag.

Attached File  1603306560256.jpg   67.08K   0 downloads

Attached File  1603306560211.jpg   47.35K   1 downloads

I read a lot before the purchase and most seems correct on the car except some doubts and issues I found after the purchase.

Body - K-A2S6-L 11668xx

Its painted in red with "white / cream" top. Previous owner also put a square white stickers on the doors and license plate sticker on the wood, that can easily removed. Paint color on the registration is blue but I don't know if its the original factory color. 

The car was painted red 10 years ago but it was not a perfect job and it starts to show it in some places. Searching on the body I found traces of blue, but it may be a previous paint job done before the red.

All seems correct except the front morris badge that its from MkI. 

Interior its really good with original seats with new covers. It has installed a 1/2 roll cage covered in soft vinil that I probably will remove.

Exhaust end installed seems to be performance making the car terrible noisy. It came a second exhaust end from Manflow.

Front (hydrolastic) suspension seems a bit low. At least 1cm lower than rear. Minilight 10 wheels.Attached File  1603488086828.jpg   65.95K   2 downloads

Engine - 9FD-SA-H 362xx Head 12G295

Engine was where I found some doubts.

Chrome rocket cover and air filter. Optional servo and oil cooler installed. Coolant reservoir.

Engine has traces of green and blue paint. Its a bit dirty but it has been kept. Most of the cables, hoses and some parts has distributor are new.

Carbs were service and revised recently.

My doubts and issues

Engine is leaking a little oil from the back and it seems to be from the tappet covers. Front of the engine its clean of oil. Its normal?

Crankcase ventilation its a mystery. Hoose from tappet cover without oil separator going down draining directly to the exterior. Air filter box has a hose connector without anything and rocker cover does not have ventilation hose connector. Carb connected to servo.

Attached File  IMG_20201011_150003.jpg   75.44K   4 downloads

Sorry for the long introduction.

See you

Nuno

#2 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 08:37 AM

Very nice.