Photo
- - - - -

New 1330 Engine Running In + Ancillary Upgrades ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MarkC123

MarkC123

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 06:57 PM

Hi all,

I have noticed there is a lot of difference of opinion on this topic so I wanted to get some advice.

I have recently had a new engine built for my 96 Spi, fully rebuilt and bored to 1330, sports spec head from calver / Bp255 cam, customized pistons because I’m running a cooper ecu currently so for the higher compression rate then the usual rest , 3.2 fd , 4 pin diff centre oil pick up etc.

The engine has had oil pressure build and was bench tested to bring the engine up to temperature and had the cam broken in.

Now I am going to be putting the engine in next week for its first start up in the car and the only advice my builder said was to not let it idle on first start up for approx 5 mins while letting it warm up ( so I assume he means keep the revs on)

Is there anything particular I should do to avoid an expensive headache ?

Have a stage 1 kit, new suspension, brakes, performance radiator unless anyone can think of any other upgrades to put in the car while I’m at it?

Thanks in advance ! Kind regards

Edited by MarkC123, 02 December 2020 - 07:00 PM.

#2 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,899 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:09 PM

If you've had this done by a professional engine builder (and it does sound like it), then no doubt he's given a warranty on his work. I will express caution at following any advice at all other than what your engine builder has given.

All the same, and noted that it's been run (I guess recently ?), about the only thing I'd do when ready to start it is pull the plugs and wind it over on the starter motor until you see oil pressure, however, even before doing this, check with your engine builder first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users