mattrsa

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:09 AM

Hi all 

this is probably a stupid question but I going to ask it anyway 

I have in the process of building up and test fitting my upper suspension arm. I'm using a new hilo kit and new suspension knuckle joints. 

The question is does the plastic cup which comes with the hi lo kit need to go into the arm or is the rubber on the new suspension knuckle to replace this? 

I know it is probably a simple question but I have search and can't find the answer

thanks in advance

#2 MiniMadRacer

MiniMadRacer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:14 AM

The nylon cup goes in the arm and the rubber cap is to keep dirt out...to remove the old nylon cup clear the grease out as much as you can and heat the arm with a blow lamp... being very very careful of course, fire extinguisher by your side... and pull the nylon cup out with some pliers..

#3 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:17 AM

there should be a tiny hole in the bottom of the hole in the arm.Ensure it is clear to help the new plastic cup seat fully.Steve..

#4 Gilles1000

Gilles1000

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:47 AM

I think if you ordered new HiLo's (depending where) and new knuckles, both will have new nylon cups delivered with.

So basically you need only one set of them.

The reason behind this is I think, if you change the trumpets or HiLo's OR the knuckles, it will be good to change the cups also.

#5 richmondclassicsnorthwales

richmondclassicsnorthwales

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:53 AM

I used to drill / file the hole - use a Dremel or something that makes the hole clean and tidy once the old plastic cup is removed - it will help putting the new cup in.

You will see what I mean when you do it

You should be able to place the cup and knuckle in as one commodity - then put the HiLo unit on. 

To help, take away the rebound buffer - the little wedge bit - it helps get things in together better

#6 mattrsa

mattrsa

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for all the replies. 

So I only need the cup which is already on the suspension knuckle joint. 

Thanks for the tips on removing the old was, they were a right ba$tard to get out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users