#1 Garyheff

Garyheff

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:31 AM

Hi there,
Anyone know if you can buy an indicator stalk with an indicator bulb at its end tip for a Mark4? I can see them for sale for a Mark 1 but no other Mark.
Thanks

#2 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:34 PM

Mark 4 didn’t have a bulb at the end of the stalk, only Mk1/2. The indication bulb for mk3 onwards is on the speedo/dash.

#3 Garyheff

Garyheff

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:16 PM

Thought as much but would have liked to retrofit one on my Mark4. because I’m always forgetting to disengage it ~ even after 3 years of driving it

#4 smurfomatic

smurfomatic

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:31 PM

Thought as much but would have liked to retrofit one on my Mark4. because I’m always forgetting to disengage it ~ even after 3 years of driving it

I had a similar issue, forgetting to cancel the indicator. I replaced the indicator relay with one that has a buzzer in it, so you get "reminded" that it's still going!

#5 Garyheff

Garyheff

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:36 PM

Cool - I need to replace my relay anyhow and that sounds great - what are they called? Available on mini sport? Great suggestion, thanks

I had a similar issue, forgetting to cancel the indicator. I replaced the indicator relay with one that has a buzzer in it, so you get "reminded" that it's still going!

#6 Garyheff

Garyheff

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:45 PM

Actually it’s cool - I found a thread on here that talks all about it

Cool - I need to replace my relay anyhow and that sounds great - what are they called? Available on mini sport? Great suggestion, thanks

#7 KernowCooper

KernowCooper

Sparkie

• Mini Docs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Kernow Mini Club

Posted 14 January 2021 - 09:16 PM

Your not the only one to drive and forget the indicators, I got a green bullet light and adapted the wiring and made a small bracket and with double sided tape stuck it in eye line under the top dash rail, buzzing relays to annoying lol

#8 Garyheff

Garyheff

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 09:18 PM

Yeah sounds like something i need to get done. I dont have sound proofing so all i hear is engine and no indicator clicks. That light sounds like a good option. Thanks a mill.

#9 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,900 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 17 January 2021 - 01:39 AM

Have you guys considered fitting a peg to the steering wheel or column to make them auto-cancel ?

#10 Garyheff

Garyheff

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 10:13 AM

Didn’t know that existed. Will look into it. Ta

#11 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,900 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 17 January 2021 - 05:22 PM

Didn’t know that existed. Will look into it. Ta

On the Switch assembly, there's a plastic collar on the top side, it has 2 slots (not quite obvious in this photo)

bfOxFKb.jpg

Turning that will Auto-cancel the Switch. So it's a matter of linking that to the Steering Wheel or Column so in turns with it.

NOTE that in the straight ahead position, that mounded ridge I have put a Blue Mark on should point towards the Stalk so it's indexed correctly.

Some Steering Wheels have Pegs in them of different types. This is one that was fitted to our late Mokes (that used this Switch assembly) and has cast in pegs

YoVbJdi.jpg

Some have small holes drilled in to the back of the Boss, and 2 roll pins are fitted.

These engage in to the Collar so it all turns together and gives you Auto-cancelling Indicators.

#12 Garyheff

Garyheff

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 05:26 PM

Wow, great and generous info. Thank you!

#13 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,409 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 17 January 2021 - 05:39 PM

You could try improvising with a hose clip or chunky cable tie as an alternative way to get a sticky out bit fixed to the inner column to push the  cancelling collar.

#14 Garyheff

Garyheff

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 06:06 PM

Brill. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users