#16 super6al

super6al

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 07:24 PM

Please ! No impact tools !!!!  

Lay the engine over as the other guys have suggested, have your ape mate :D  stand on it, then with a pipe over the wrench handle, give it a go. It'll come.

I did this job last week but went from 3.1 to 3.44). I got the wife to stand on the gearbox & hang onto the door handle. She wasn't impressed when I told her why. O_O  

#17 sam138

sam138

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 08:41 PM

Thanks for help, once I fit the steel tube back in place do I then put it back as I’ve pictured by turning 90 degrees clockwise ?

Also is there any other seal that goes on the input shaft other than the below which fits into the diff housing ?

http://www.minispare...06.aspx|Back to

The Bell Cranks are spot on, however the Shift Input Shaft / Interlock Spool need to be further rotated in a Anti-clockwise Direction by 90 degrees to allow you to fit the Steel Tube (as shown in the first photo in post #2) back in.

Edited by sam138, 20 January 2021 - 08:52 PM.

#18 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,927 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 21 January 2021 - 12:05 AM

Thanks for help, once I fit the steel tube back in place do I then put it back as I’ve pictured by turning 90 degrees clockwise ?

Also is there any other seal that goes on the input shaft other than the below which fits into the diff housing ?

http://www.minispare...06.aspx|Back to

The Input Shaft angle of movement is in fact limited by the steel tube. The Steel Tube prevents the Interlock Spool moving back and forth and also Limits it's turning angle. As there is the 'Peg' in the inner end of the Shift Input Shaft, that fits in a slot on the Interlock Spool, the Shaft can only rotate as far as the Spool will allow it.

The seal kit you've links up is correct. As well as that, there's an O Ring that is around the Steel Tube (we talked of above) and that sits up against the Side Cover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users