17 replies to this topic

#16 ads7

ads7

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 04:02 PM

Well after much thought I'm taking a different route as I just can't get excited about what will be a detuned 1275.

So think I'll pick the engine up then probably end up moving it on either whole to a maestro owner or break it as someone will want the block for a big power build and the head / carb will be wanted by different people.

Since I've made up mind to stay small bore I'll take my time finding a used but excellent condition short 998 a plus engine ready to fit my existing box (already have a 998 a plus head) - I might even consider a complete engine and box in top notch condition.

I don't need big power and feel a 998 would be more fun and frankly more within my budget.

#17 ads7

ads7

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:59 AM

If you live in Newcastle under Lyme this engine is now available for collection. Let me know and I'll put you in contact with the seller. I negotiated £120 to purchase the unit.

Basically I can't collect since I only live 45 miles away but there's no way I'm breaking Covid travel restrictions to pick it up - the seller can't hold it any longer as he's losing the council garage and needs it gone.

So a bargain 1275 for someone local to Newcastle or who's passing with work who can collect asap. Just needs converting using mini crank and primary (read back through this thread)

Anyway thanks to everyone on tmf for your advice and hope someone else can benefit from my loss

Cheers Adam 👍

Edited by ads7, 23 February 2021 - 12:04 PM.

#18 ads7

ads7

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 12:25 PM

Ok the seller phoned me this morning. He's started to strip the engine and sent me photos of cylinder head.

Looks like big valve head leaded as per mg metro . Any interested buyers pm me your details and I'll put you in touch.

It's my loss as I couldn't collect due to travel restrictions, just want to help the seller and benefit other people on tmf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users