#1 humphreys66

humphreys66

Just On Tickover

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 03:14 PM

Hi All, 

I think we have made a bit of a mistake, we had the rear window and rear quarters put in recently. 

I then came to put in the C pillar trim that goes between the rear quarters and the rear window, realising they don't fit now. 

Does anyone have any tips on fitting them after the windows have gone in? I definitely don't want to be taking the windows out for the sake of the trim.

If not it will be a tuck under the rubbers as best possible, cut and stick job. 

Thanks, 

Jack

#2 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:58 PM

Never had to do it myself but that's going to be a mare. If it were me I would try getting it under by first getting some sheets of 0.25mm or 0.5mm polystyrene ( the model making airfix stuff) slide 50 mm wide pieces between the rubber and metal and then try getting the panels in. The polystyrene should allow the panels to not get gripped by the rubber and pull them out when they are in. I did a similar thing with getting my sunroof top cover over the ends of the runners and it made the job easy.

Edited by Chris1275gt, 04 March 2021 - 08:47 PM.

#3 YankeeGal

YankeeGal

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 06:09 PM

I did the same exact thing.  I removed the quarter glass and chrome locking strip from the rear windshield to attempt to slide the trim under the rubber.  Unfortunately, I ended up pushing the rear window out of the rubber and had to start over.  Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users