5 replies to this topic

#1 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 06:35 AM

From old photos I have from the original owner the car originally had twin pinstripes. It no longer has these. I am going to have a set made and wondered what the dims are that others have on their cars.

From the photo both pinstripes look the same depth and the space between them also looks the same/could be a smaller distance.

Can anyone that has double pinstripes on their car comment/measure the depth of each and the distance in between?

I've looked at the aftermarket stuff for sale on line and would prefer to get a set made up.

Cheers

Edited by cooperd70, 09 April 2021 - 06:35 AM.

#2 steeley

steeley

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 06:40 AM

What model is it

#3 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,934 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:01 AM

Just get them from Stickyfingers/Martin Cull and they will come correctly spaced. 

and as above what model as they were not all the same and many were not parallel.

#4 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 10:01 AM

Well this is the thing...the stripes were not std, but fitted by Rover Swindon before purchase. It is a 1990 Flame Red that had been fitted with. JCC kit, custom badging etc and so was sold as a special by them.

However from the photos the stripe depths and spacing look similar to the photos I've seen on the web of dble pinstripes that were fitted as std to other models.

Nick, Martin is going to make them for me so need to supply him with some dims 😊

Thanks everyone

#5 minidizzy

minidizzy

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 09 April 2021 - 11:39 PM

Stripes are 3mm wide each. Space is 2mm. That is what was applied to 1990 RSPs. However the 1989 anniversary 998 Cooper conversions had wider spaced stripes and a special roundel. I am curious about what you mean by "custom badging". I don't think the 998 conversion kits came with decals except a single laurel roundel. The same roundel was also provided in the 1275 S pack in addition to a set of three S laurel roundels (2 side, 1 rear). I have never seen the single laurel every actually applied on a car. I still have mine unused.

#6 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 07:00 AM

Stripes are 3mm wide each. Space is 2mm. That is what was applied to 1990 RSPs. However the 1989 anniversary 998 Cooper conversions had wider spaced stripes and a special roundel. I am curious about what you mean by "custom badging". I don't think the 998 conversion kits came with decals except a single laurel roundel.

Thanks for this minidizzy. I know of the 1989 998 conversion stripes...one has been featured in the March edition of MiniWorld of recent too.

All I mean by custom badging is what the Rover garage decided to do to the car before it went on sale.

Rover Swindon fitted the JCC, along with the JC additions of steering wheel, centre wheel caps (as it was the 1990 car it came with alloys as std), grille, bumpers with overriders, driving lights, Cooper badge on the boot and three laurels (the green ones with silver backgroubd). They fitted one laurel to the rh side of the rear number plate and the other two in the normal position on the rear quarters. It's just the pinstripes that they put on additionally. As the car was a Flame Red all of the decals for that were removed and they put one white pinstripe and one green pinstripe running the length of the car with with the normal(as you have confirmed) 2mm spacing.

I've always wanted to get the car back to as it was when it was sold and after making contact with the original owner they very kindly sent me photos of the car that they took the day they collected the car back in Nov 1990!! So I have a great reference!!

Tha KS again with your help on this 😊😊😊

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users