#1 Emma 25

Emma 25

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:07 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm so excited! I just bought a 1992 Mini Cooper, the car I couldn't afford when I was 19! Back then I bought a 1988 black Mini Mayfair and sprayed the go faster stripes on the bonnet and the roof white! A move abroad meant I had to sell it when I was 22, which I have regretted ever since. 23 years later and I've just bought a black Mini Cooper with white stripes and a white roof! I'm about to ship it to America where I now live, but I had a question about the mini's description on the V5. It says it's a 4 door saloon, when it only has 2 doors? Is every bodies V5 like this or should I have it changed before it's exported?

Thanks for any help!

#2 bpirie1000

bpirie1000

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  • Local Club: Amoc

Posted 22 July 2021 - 07:11 AM

Reallydepe ds what you are doing with the car.

I am not aware of the re registration process in America.

If you are shipping it to America to restore it then i would certainly have this changed over.

Keeps things right if you would need to ship it back to the UK.

Enjoy...well done for returning to the mini mad side of life...

#3 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,409 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 22 July 2021 - 09:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm so excited! I just bought a 1992 Mini Cooper, the car I couldn't afford when I was 19! Back then I bought a 1988 black Mini Mayfair and sprayed the go faster stripes on the bonnet and the roof white! A move abroad meant I had to sell it when I was 22, which I have regretted ever since. 23 years later and I've just bought a black Mini Cooper with white stripes and a white roof! I'm about to ship it to America where I now live, but I had a question about the mini's description on the V5. It says it's a 4 door saloon, when it only has 2 doors? Is every bodies V5 like this or should I have it changed before it's exported?

Thanks for any help!

Mistakes on V5s aren't unheard of, but that's an odd one for a model that never had 4 doors & you'd expect it to have been corrected since 1992! I think I's look in to it before trying to ship it, wouldn't want to discover it's a problem only when US customs are looking at it!

#4 Emma 25

Emma 25

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for replying, I sent the registration back to get it changed. Better to have things right!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users