#1 dansalter

dansalter

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Local Club: Sutton Coldfield Mini Club

Posted 31 July 2021 - 07:55 PM

Birmingham based 1989 Mini Mayfair rolling shell with extras.

I was an active member of the forum many years ago and my first car was a 1989 Mini Mayfair and it has unfortunately come time to sell now.

Like many classic cars it has sat off-road for a long time as life moved on and during lockdown I put myself to work to strip the car back to a rolling shell. The car has rusted in all the usual places despite some work done years ago to try to slow, I’ve tried to show the extent of the rust in pictures linked below– the worst of this is around the rear subframe mounts and note that while the sills have gone I think the floor is solid having been patched and treated for one of its last MOTs. The front subframe and surround was protected when the engine was changed around 10 years ago so the bulkhead is good.

Loads of bits with it as seen in the pictures, inc all documentation. I'm planning to keep the engine for now as I spent a lot of time building a 1330 fast road engine and will likely sell that once i've tidied it up (if I don't buy a new shell to put it into!).

I would always love to restore the car but I don’t plan to learn how to weld so the time has come to move on. There's a lot of sentimental value in the car so I'm hoping someone can restore it and get it on the road - which is why I'm trying here before putting it on eBay.

I’m asking for £700.

Photos: https://photos.app.g...4Qsj2t43envVi67

Feel free to call me for a chat, happy to discuss trades e.g. a vintage motorbike in need of restoration.

Thanks,

Dan

Notes:

All documentation included (currently in my name)

Large fuel tank also included not pictured

13inch alloys are included

Leather fibreglass seats in a couple of pictures but are not currently included.

Edited by dansalter, 31 July 2021 - 08:10 PM.

#2 jasewale

jasewale

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 08:07 PM

Hi Dan,

I'm interested but please can you update the link as it doesn't seem to work?

Cheers

#3 dansalter

dansalter

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Local Club: Sutton Coldfield Mini Club

Posted 31 July 2021 - 08:12 PM

Hi Dan,

I'm interested but please can you update the link as it doesn't seem to work?

Cheers

Link updated, thanks!

Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users