#1 Ant98

Ant98

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 10:56 AM

1979 Mini Clubman - 1100cc, Russet Brown

34,000 miles from new, 3 owners from new (same family), new red V5, and I still have the original purchase invoice.

In great as original condition, not rot or rust, but a few age related marks and some limited surface rust on the bottom edge of the boot lid, but nothing major, easily sorted.

The vehicle is dry stored and hasn't been on the road since 1997, it will be TAX and MOT Exempt, but will possibly need an MOT to put it back on the road.

A new battery has been fitted and after cleaning the points and some fresh fuel, the car started straight away, but sounded as it was suffering from fuel starvation, and then stopped. After some investigation I was advised this was due to the fuel pump, the diaphragm has perished due to it being sat for so long, so it needs a new fuel pump, which I have purchased. The car will require some limited work to get it back on the road and through an MOT, brake service, possibly some new tyres due to age. I was hoping to get this done along with the fuel pump and service before advertising it for sale, unfortunately I need the room due to another project and not being mechanically minded I've not been able to do the work myself. I've been waiting over 3 months for someone to do it for me, to no avail, everyone seems to be too busy...! I have the fuel pump, Morrisons oil and oil filter.

The car will need to be trailered away from Mid Wales (LD1), unless by some miracle I can get the work done, I'm still trying.!

If you are interested loads of photos available, message me with your email address.

£6000

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users