Photo

Police Filmed Asking M25 Eco Protesters If They 'need Anything'...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,779 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:55 AM

"Police have been filmed asking protesters if they "are in discomfort" and if they "need anything" as their handling of the M25 blockades drew criticism.
Footage obtained by LBC Radio News shows a female officer giving the group of protesters their final warning, as they caused queues on the M25 for the second time in the last three days.
With a group of staff behind her, the officer says: "If any of you have any questions, or are in any discomfort or need anything, just let us know."
Meanwhile, stricken motorists told LBC how they couldn't get to work, hospitals and appointments and were facing the sack and lost cash as they couldn't get their businesses up and running on time. Other motorists complained the protesters' actions were hypocritical as they had forced them to go and buy more petrol."

Video:-
https://www.lbc.co.u...-need-anything/

Edited by mab01uk, 16 September 2021 - 09:56 AM.

#2 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • 15,884 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 16 September 2021 - 10:05 AM

I have been lucky enough not to be affected by this, (i normally hit the M25 too early for this lot to be out of bed) but do these people not realise that what they are doing is not helping their cause.

There are so many different ways nowdays that you can use to highlight issues, but doing what they are doing with the potential to cause so much grief figuratively and literally beggars belief.

There is barely a day that i do not see blues and twos either the Police or the Ambulance on the M25. So unless they are really close to a slip road they will be stuck like everyone else due to the antics of these protesters. Frustrated, annoyance, someone in an Ambulance who could be in a life threatening position, the Police trying to head to an incident / accident, the list goes on. 

All because of a INSULATION Protest. Bloody bonkers crazy!!!

#3 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 16 September 2021 - 01:19 PM

They just happened to cause a four car pile up too. Some may say it was the drivers fault but wouldn't have happened had there not been a bunch of idiots sitting in the road. Get the snow plough out :goaway:

#4 Project84

Project84

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:28 AM

I saw some photos of them sat across junctions - yet others they seem to be sat in the middle of the actual motorway - one has to ask how? How have they managed to walk across a main motorway, at rush hour and not get run over? It beggars belief.

Also, if your at the front of the queue, just pull as close as you can to them and sit there with your hand on the horn - how long before they can't stand being that close?

And as for the police pandering to them? - well I'm sure they have comply with some nanny rule - all I'm saying is although it may have happened in Russia once, it wouldn't have lasted as long and it certainly wouldn't have happened a second time.

It amazes me with these people - where to they think the money is going to come from? The government has spent billions to keep as many people in jobs as possible whilst facing a pandemic like the world hasn't seen before - that all needs paying back - none of us can be surprised taxes are going to rise.

#5 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,779 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:26 PM

The Protesters were arrested and released by police with no charge earlier this week and then the same ones came back today....

Ba8WMzn.jpg

Edited by mab01uk, 17 September 2021 - 07:52 PM.

#6 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,779 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 09:25 AM

Update:
"Road-blocking protesters escalated their protests today by running on to the main M25 carriageway. Members of the eco-group Insulate Britain blocked traffic on the motorway near junction 10 in Surrey. It is the fifth time the group, who are demanding the Government reduce home heating emissions to zero, have blocked Britain's busiest road. More than 30 protesters were this morning seen running into flowing traffic near Woking today. There were groups on both sides of the eight-lane motorway. Police at the scene and traffic chaos again. A driving instructor, responding to the videos on social media, said this morning: 'Am I really seeing this!!! Walking in front of traffic on an active motorway in rush hour is putting every single drivers life at immediate risk, not to mention the protesters."

#7 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 21 September 2021 - 08:34 PM

If some farmers muck spreader accidentally goes off when these :xxx: morons are blocking a road i'm sure lots of us would chip in to pay any fines he might face.

#8 Project84

Project84

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 07:30 AM

Looking at the latest footage of these idiots running out on a active motorway I do hope any driver that accidently clips, or worse kills one or more, doesn't face prosecution or any long-term trauma.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users