#1 Ernie the Elf

Ernie the Elf

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Local Club: Elf/Hornet Register

Posted 10 October 2021 - 11:34 AM

Let me introduce "Ernie" my Riley Elf MK2 who was found in a Barn of a farm that was being demolished for a new road development back in 2017. He had been abandoned due to a knock on the engine and the n/side floor and sill needed attention.

The car was recovered to Putney so that the engine/gearbox could be removed for reconditioning. The car then travelled to the Midlands for the bodywork to commence but the company was in difficulties so it was decided to move the car to a New company in Andover, Hampshire.

For the next 5 yrs the car was stripped to a shell and rebuilt slowly to a solid, rustproofed shell and repainted Clipper Blue and Old English White The car underwent full "Novol" paint treatment and "Waxoyl" where possible. 

The engine was refitted and a new aluminum radiator was fitted and a HIF carburettor with a heated manifold. The engine also had 123 Ignition, Pre Engaged starter motor and alternator electrics with a custom wiring loom two speed wipers and electric screen washers. Since this a A+ 4 synchro gearbox and remote gearchange, Timing belt conversion has been carried out.  

There are several pictures on my "Facebook" page "Riley Elf Appreciation Society" and Mini World" magazine Sept.2021 Edition

Edited by Ernie the Elf, 10 October 2021 - 11:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users