4 replies to this topic

#1 bergxu

bergxu

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 12:54 PM

Just wondering which reader I need to have to get into the Rover MEMS module? I'm in the US so getting readers here for such an animal isn't as easy as in Blighty. That said, I also have a TVR Griffith 500 and have software called RoverGauge and have a special cable made up to tap into the Rover V8 engine management by one of the TVR guys in the UK. That said, not averse to buying a reader from a vendor in England, would just appreciate some direction on what I need, if there is one or if multiple connectors are required and where to find the software. Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Aaron

#2 JDMRoverMini

JDMRoverMini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 01:56 PM

Following this. I have a 96 SPi here in the US too

#3 RealSlow

RealSlow

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 04:08 PM

I'm in the US and I use a cable from here: https://rovermems.com/cables/ along with a USB to USB-C adapter to hook it to my phone, and then there's a few MEMS apps. It's not the same as a full reader, but will show error codes, live data, etc.

Eventually I'll buy a real scanner, but this gives me at least some info.

#4 genpop

genpop

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 04:15 PM

Hello, read the attached pdf.I do not know your cable, possibly it will fit.Or you buy a new one.It will work on all mentioned versions.

This is an articel out of car mecanics what was for free download.

If the 96 mini is mems2J you need a special cable  and possibly only memsfcr will work.

Attached Files

#5 slidehammer

slidehammer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 22 October 2021 - 05:23 PM

Have a look at Pscans website. (there is also a video of someone using on a classic Mini on Youtube) It is a cable that you plug into your laptop and software to download it lists all the cars it covers. I am going to buy it as you can recode keys and also cover airbags etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users