#1 Hal

Hal

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 10:24 AM

G'day mini fanciers wherever you are.

I'm Hal, living in SW France and my current mini is in fact a 1959 Berkeley T60 with mini 1275 engine.

I arrived here via 'Ricewind's Berkeley posts...I'd like to make contact with him as he obviously knows his way around these mini conversions.

Mine is still going through the nightmare process of French registration....

For some reason I was under the impression that more than one mini engined T60 existed on French plates, but this now seems to be 'false memory',....if anyone here knows of one please let me know.

Here's mine, grinding towards the completion of the conversion to 13" wheels. It had 12" Metro original steel wheels but as I had a few 13" Minilite type reps, I decided to fit them.

I ended up having to buy the narrowest 5" reps I could find, but still needed to make new arches, a nasty job involving sculpting with expanded foam...

So far my application for French registration has taken 14 months, and is now, for reasons as yet unknown, with the Ministry pour la Transition Ecologique.

It would make life easier if I could get details of another mini powered T60 on French plates!

#2 Gilles1000

Gilles1000

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 03:20 PM

Hello, 

welcome to France and its motoring regulations...

Did you ask for an "historic" car registration? I think this is the only way to register your car (if older than 30 years old) as I think there have never been sold in France? Never seen that myself...

Ehm, to be honest I am not sure which ministry is responsible for car registrations to be honest...

Gilles

#3 Spherix

Spherix

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Seven Club Netherlands

Posted 04 November 2021 - 03:37 PM

In case it helps anything to have active EU registrations to compare with, I can see there's five of them on an active license plate in The Netherlands. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users